Civ6 additions to CP [roads&builders]

erf, i will look at it.

I'm using just the auto road building by trade routes from your mod and I'm loving it! The only issue I have noticed is this: while being in Industrial era and having researched the Railroad tech, caravans were still creating normal roads. Only advancing to Modern era fixed it.

I'm using just the auto road building by trade routes from your mod and I'm loving it! The only issue I have noticed is this: while being in Industrial era and having researched the Railroad tech, caravans were still creating normal roads. Only advancing to Modern era fixed it.
You sure the trade route ended? New roads are laid once the trade route is done.
Side note, Merill seems to be out of combat.

You sure the trade route ended? New roads are laid once the trade route is done.
Side note, Merill seems to be out of combat.
Yeah, I'm sure it ended. In fact, it remade an already existing railroad beneath it into a regular road.

I hope he takes his time to heal to max HP. :)

Yes, i'm a bit busy right now.

The code should make a " build railroad if you have researched railroad or advance to era 5" But maybe i put a and instead...
it's on my todo-list, in the meantime, you can change this line (in Civ6Builder_cahnges.sql) and replace the '5' with '4'.
INSERT INTO Defines (Name, Value) VALUES ('TRADE_ROUTE_CREATE_RAILROADS_ERA', 5);

Just wanted to thank you so much for making this mod! Is there any chance you could make a version that doesn't require the CBO as well? Either that or let us know how to remove the CBO dependencies :D?

Just wanted to thank you so much for making this mod! Is there any chance you could make a version that doesn't require the CBO as well? Either that or let us know how to remove the CBO dependencies :D?
You can use the cp-only version (AI and mostly bugfxs). It's a dll mod, so you have to use the cp dll.
If the dependency is broken, you can delete the <dependency> lines in the .mod.

There is no (6) CBO - compatibility (EUI) in the latest version of VP.
There is one in the 2017-05-22, anyway.

Yeah, I'm sure it ended. In fact, it remade an already existing railroad beneath it into a regular road.

I hope he takes his time to heal to max HP. :)
I looked at it, it's "You need to have he railroad tech and be in the modern era". I did this intentionally, to say "hey, if you want railroads early, you have to use your builders", but it's maybe a mistake, and the AI didn't do that. I will change this.

You mean .modinfo, right? :)
Right. But they should work as intended.

Last edited:
There is one in the 2017-05-22, anyway.

I looked at it, it's "You need to have he railroad tech and be in the modern era". I did this intentionally, to say "hey, if you want railroads early, you have to use your builders", but it's maybe a mistake, and the AI didn't do that. I will change this.

Right. But they should work as intended.
You're really busy these days. I'm glad to see you are still alive :)

I'm here. I didn't have the time to play many game these time. If you see a problem, you can tell me.

Hello again merill, hope you're doing well. I've just installed the 6/14 version and there seems to be a problem with the automatic road building.

First of all, roads are getting build under caravans right as they move, not at the end of the trade route duration. For example, if a caravan moves two tiles, two roads will get constructed that turn.
Secondly, each time a caravan passes over a neutral territory, you get -1 gold for road maintenance, as if another road has just been build. Every time. So, for example, if your caravan crossed a neutral tile 20 times, you will see -20 gold for road maintenance just for that one tile. And it keeps stacking up. Removing that road tile with a worker will only remove -1 gold.

I know that your original intent was to remove road maintenance altogether, but it used to work fine some time ago, so I'm hoping that maybe you will have time to look into that. :mischief:

Top Bottom