Civ6 AI Battle Tournament

Zeusmoltar9

Chieftain
AI Battles Tournament!

Since the release of Civ6 I have being toying with the idea of AI battles. The developers large scale AI battle just before release left something to be desired when I came to domination victory, in fact I remember one of the devs saying that he couldn't remember the AI achieving a domination victory in any of their testing. My goal was to see if I could get some domination victories with AI only battles.

First off I started messing with fire-tuner from civ5, which turns out works very well with civ6 but still lacked some options that would allow AI battles. As well I lacked a proper map creation tool to test the AI fairly. However in my limited testing I found that the AI couldn't achieve a domination victory early game and stalemated late game due to wall strength, rioting, and warmongering penalties.

You can see some of my early testing here: Testing video

Then Gedemon released an auto-play mod and I was able to test the AI on the four leaf clover map. I tested with several versions of AI mods of which AI+ had the most promising results. At the same time I got the world-builder to not crash within Civ6 and did some testing with a more fair map.

The results were better than before but it wasn't until version .2 of autoplay and the release of AI+ V9 mods that I was able to get consistent results. I then did some minor modding to the way late game walls work and the way siege weapons strength works. My mods effect the way that AI+ and Auto-play work so I do not want anyone to think it is the mod authors fault if they (their mods) do not behave as they were intended. However I would like to thank the mod authors for their hard work as well as other modders which I used as inspiration.

With the history of how I got to this point out of the way I would like to announce my first AI battles tournament. It will consistent of 18 rounds of elimination play. I had to edit out barbarians and city sates as they slowed the game down by a significant margin.

Tournament Layout: http://imgur.com/a/HvjVM

Rules Video: Rules Video

Mods Used

Gedemons Autoplay (http://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/autoplay.25735)

AI+ V9 (https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/ai.25439)

Custom 1v1 Map (made by me)

Rules

- 500 turns

- KO (domination victory)

- TKO (army size + land captured) after 500 turns

- No Barbarians camp spawns after 10 turns

- No City States

I'm going to use this thread to keep track and post new battles that will be held every Friday!

Elimination Rounds

Scythia vs. Poland

England vs. Brazil

Aztec vs. Egpyt

Aradia vs. India

Germany vs. Greece

France vs. China

America vs. Japan

Sumeria vs. Spain

Rome vs. Kongo

Russia vs. Norway

Second Elimination Rounds

Scythia vs. England
Aztec vs. India
Germany vs. China
Japand vs. Sumeria
Rome vs. Russia

Update1: week 2 has been uploaded
Update2: week 3 has been uploaded
Update3: week 4 is up
Update4: week 5 is up
Update5: week 6 and 7 are up

Last edited:
Oh sorry, Eastern standard time!
How convenient. Mine's Eastern Standard Time as well.

For viewers around the world, Eastern Standard Time is UTC -5 (without daylight savings) or UTC -4 (with daylight savings). In other words, Eastern Standard Time is the time zone Toronto and New York City are in.

How convenient. Mine's Eastern Standard Time as well.

For viewers around the world, Eastern Standard Time is UTC -5 (without daylight savings) or UTC -4 (with daylight savings). In other words, Eastern Standard Time is the time zone Toronto and New York City are in.

Thanks for the conversion fellow Canadian...eh!

@Zeusmoltar9

Australia could be added to face whoever is the winner of the England/India match, so that England/India wouldn't have such an easy path to the final, as well as to prevent the spoiler effect for next week's battle.

Alternatively, the winner of the AI tournament could face off Australia.

Top Bottom