Civ6 for iPad

Phoenix1595

Lord of the Two Lands
Looks like Aspyr released the base Civ6 game for newer versions of the iPad. It is available on iTunes, with a 60-turn demo. Very interesting development for the game!

2) Remember when Civ VI was announced and people thought that the simplified art style meant it would be ported to mobile devices? prescient
Civ 5 was playable with a touch screen as well, despite the "realistic graphics"

I picked it up since it’s $30 right now instead of $60.

Looks good. Plays good (early, at least, we’ll see how turns go later on). Has Aztecs, so support for additional content is there once Aspyr has time to port it over.

I miss CQUI, but that’s about it.

Sadly, I have an older iPad and can't take this one out on a spin, but I am happy that Civ6, and graphic-intensive PC titles in general, are making their way to tablets. It's good for the medium.

1) So that's why the fall patch has been so slow for Mac and Linux. Aspyr's resources have been devoted to this.

2) Remember when Civ VI was announced and people thought that the simplified art style meant it would be ported to mobile devices? prescient
DOOM was ported to the Switch successfully. A lot of software can be ported a lot of different ways with enough time.

The aesthetic style of a game is not an indicator of how difficult it is to create content for it, nor is it an indicator of how demanding those graphics are on your machine. Let's not perpetuate these kinds of things.

Top Bottom