1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ6 gameplay footage released

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by Camikaze, May 25, 2016.

1. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Last week 2K hosted a press event in California, giving the press access to a 60 turn build of the game. A host of new articles have been released talking about all the information gleaned from this gameplay experience. Gamecrate has even included in their article a section entitled "Unsorted other details for Civ Fanatics".

Amongst the information revealed is the announcement of Teddy Roosevelt as leader of America:
    Spoiler massive :

Spoiler large :

Spoiler small :

A 3 minute package of gameplay footage from the 60 turn build was also made available to several YouTube channels, showing us a whole bunch of new information.

Quill18 has released a two part video going through the footage and talking about his experience playing the game:
    Spoiler Part 1 :

Spoiler Part 2 :

BAStartGaming also goes through the gameplay footage, with an interview with Ed Beach posted as well:
    Spoiler Gameplay :

Spoiler Interview :

Discuss all of this new information in our Civ6 forum >>> http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=539

2. Hipshot

Hipshot Chieftain

Even if I'm a bit disappointed by the graphical direction they have choosen, I'm really looking forward to this release.

3. gaiko

gaiko Warlord

Er, Teddy's jowly face resembles more his protoge and future nemesis, Howard Taft.

4. Monado

Monado King

Yeah, they did a really poor job with his face.

5. Bechhold

Bechhold King

As I said he has the mumps in this game. Hopefully it's not too late for a redesign.

6. Sturmgewher88mm

Sturmgewher88mm Kaiser

Gee, I wonder where they came up with those ideas? :sarcasm:
    Spoiler :
    [civ4]

And the wonder "movies" are basically a graphics update from Civ Rev :trade:

I love how they act like almost everything is a new concept when they're basically recycling the older games :lol:

Actually, I think this game WILL be a blend of Civ4/Civ Rev/Civ5 :spear:

7. Recon Rover

Recon Rover Warlord

It's premature but given the pattern of the last couple of releases this one is certainly starting to feel like a warm over until something more original comes along.