Civ6 Gold added to Civ6 on Steam - but only 1 can play.

JAID

Chieftain
Several years ago I bought Civilization VI. It introduced us to Steam where it is played from. (We have Civ V but used that as a stand-alone disk.) Later I bought the Australia pack and also downloaded the Anniversary Music and Aztec Pack. Really appreciate the game.

This was initially played on my sons computer and when I passed it on to him I put it on mine. It was found that providing a game was not open on both computers at the same time it could be played on either computer.

Today I bought Civilisation VI Gold which includes the base 2016 game plus Rise & Fall, plus the Australia pack and a half dozen other packs. Good so far. That should have given us at the least 2 versions of Civilization each with the Australia Pack. One computer would be expected to have the additional elements which I imagine could not be used in 2 person games.

Owning 2 copies of the core game+ my son and I should be able to play on different computers across the local network.

Wary that if we loaded them via the same Steam account we may end up with only one version of the base Civ VI game we created a new Steam account for my son and loaded the newly purchased version onto that NEW account.

Time to test it out. Somehow, the purchased and downloaded games have found themselves onto the NEW account. Steam requests that the second computer request a family right to access games on the NEW account. We have not granted that at this stage because it appears that it would only do that if it has lost the right to use the originally purchased copy of Civ VI. The purchase was by key and when verified that quickly loaded the additional material but not 2 versions where the earlier ones already were held.

The attempt to load on both computers fails.

All the extras, the Rise & Fall DLC and the other packs have been imported to the one computer which now houses all rights. The only things which are not obviously available are 2 versions of Australia Pack and of the base software. We own the right to use two versions but only one is visible accessible. We cannot play each other.

Do you think there is anything we can do?

Thanks.

Steam replied. An excellent response where they took the time to review our settings and just to read all the above properly. An exact response which fixed us up in no time. We thought we had changed the name of one account and opened a second steam account when in fact we had opened a third. We had been confused as the contents of the new purchase appeared to have been brought into the earlier account...a bit convoluted but very swiftly, admirably sorted.

Top Bottom