[GS] Civ6 on Nintendo Switch crashing

Ohnonotagain

Chieftain
Hey!

I'm playing the game on the Switch with the latest patch and Gathering Storm expansion. At a certain very late game point (Close to turn 400 on standard speed) a world congress starts and after all the votes, the game crashes to the Switch menu. This happened to me twice on two different games and I can't seem to get past this point.

Anyone know of a workaround? Tried starting random wars or doing different moves on the turn before the crash, couldn't find a way to get past this crash.

And all in all, the game crashes quite a lot on Switch, especially when moving from docked to handheld mode

Before the update that came with the XPs the game was actually pretty stable, I only experienced two crashes. Something to do with that update.

Before the update that came with the XPs the game was actually pretty stable, I only experienced two crashes. Something to do with that update.

Not following Civ6 all that closely, how often do they release patches? Should I expect anything soon or should I just stop playing for now?

Not following Civ6 all that closely, how often do they release patches? Should I expect anything soon or should I just stop playing for now?
They first released few small patches, then nothing happened in a long time. We do not know how long it takes, but we do know they are aware of the problem.

I've only been playing since August, but they did do an update in September (big one for the PC with new game modes maps etc, small one for the Switch to just keep resource values the same), then end of November they did this update that brought the maps and UI updates from the September PC update to the Switch.

They are aware of the bug and have already provided a (even if rubbish) work around so they are working on it. I have no idea how long it'll take to find the fault, fix it and get it to us. My stab in the dark would be January time, but it could be longer. I'll post on here next time I notice that they send a patch, because I'll want to know if it's working for everyone else.

Apparently a patch has just been sent out, at least some one has posted that they just got one on another thread. I'd imagine that it is a fix. I'll be pleased to be proven wrong if it is!

Its official also. Hopefully now everyone can enjoy the game. :king:

Anyone still get a lot of crashes on the Switch version? It feels like every 10-12 turns my game crashes in handheld mode.

Anyone still get a lot of crashes on the Switch version? It feels like every 10-12 turns my game crashes in handheld mode.

The game crashes sometimes, but not often.
Maybe once in a 10-20 hours. I dont see a pattern, and it doesnt bother me much, it has happened pretty much in every Civ game before. I do play on smaller games as my spare time is limited and I've grown liking them, as it feels every turn is more meaningful. I think on Switch it might be on my side also as some people seem to have technical issues with large maps and a lot of AI around. :D

Top Bottom