1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] civ6 post 9/19 update issues

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by ghsts2, Oct 6, 2019.

?

did the sept update improve the game or break it?

Poll closed Oct 20, 2019.
  1. fix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. break

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ghsts2

ghsts2 Chieftain

since the update most of my subscription mods became unuseable so i did a clean install, no mods, to prevent late game crashes and corruptions. i still get crashes but can reboot and continue and have finished a few games though without many of the mods that made the game enjoyable and worth the invested time. the ai is much more psychotic and game balance seems to be defined as spaming units (2k unforced errors.)

when validating game files through steam however 3 files always need to be reacquired. this is a new phenomenon post update. any clue as to what this is?

my second question is what is the prognosis for all the critically broken mods that we love so much becoming functional again?

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

The three files that always require updating/reacquisition are located in the "\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\LaunchPad\Config" folder (dnacontent.bin, products.bin, segments.bin). They update immediately on clicking the launch button (before the game itself begins to load) and appear to have no in-game effect.

When (and whether) mods get updated is up to the mod's author. If you are impatient for a particular mod to be updated, you might contact that mod's author by posting on the Steam Workshop or, if the mod's author has a thread for that mod on CFC, in that mod's thread.

3. ghsts2

ghsts2 Chieftain

thank you Browd, that was my first assumption. secondly, no not impatient i will check back in 6 months to see if there's any improvement in the game functionality or mods that makes it worth playing again. the vanillia gs is just not worth the effort of dealing with the lowered quality from breaking workshop dlc with the "update".