Civ6 will be on Mac, Linux (Gamespot says)

Decius

Chieftain

Starting at the 48 second mark, banner says "Civilization 6 comes to PC, Mac and Linux on October 21."

Mac and Linux is news to me, especially if it's true.

I missed the twitter announcement. Thanks.

Correct link:
Link to video.

And there's big difference between twitter announcement and this. Twitter didn't state the game will be out on all platforms at the same time.

Doubtful it will be out on mac or linux on the 21st. Steam still shows a pc only logo and as it's a new engine, Aspyr (if they're still doing it) will have some work to do.

Well, unless Firaxis included some ease of porting the game to macOS and Linux in the new engine. So maybe Aspyr's job will be even easier. Or maybe Firaxis can do it themselves.

Well, unless Firaxis included some ease of porting the game to macOS and Linux in the new engine. So maybe Aspyr's job will be even easier. Or maybe Firaxis can do it themselves.

I sincerely hope you are correct. I'll be happy to eat my words on the 21'st. :goodjob:

If I pre-order the Steam version is it a safe bet that I will automatically get access to the mac version when it is released?

I could run Civ 6 on a Windows VM on my Mac but then it will probably run like a dog. I don't want to end up paying twice.

If I pre-order the Steam version is it a safe bet that I will automatically get access to the mac version when it is released?

I could run Civ 6 on a Windows VM on my Mac but then it will probably run like a dog. I don't want to end up paying twice.

Reasonably safe, but not official. They probably won't add the SteamPlay icons until the Mac and/or Linux versions are official (or available).

So, from past games, that seems likely, but you don't have an argument against them it it doesn't happen.

Well, the game shows up in my library on my Mac, and always has since I pre-ordered it. Games that aren't compatible on Mac don't show up.

So there's that

Dang, I ordered the PC version instead of Mac even though I have Mac, so I can play on bootcamp. Anyone know if they refund / switch versions?

Dang, I ordered the PC version instead of Mac even though I have Mac, so I can play on bootcamp. Anyone know if they refund / switch versions?

I didn't pick a version. Just Civ 6. It comes as both Mac and Windows. Hence why I said the game was in my Mac's library, I bought it on windows

Once the game is out for Mac you can just install the Mac version. No need to worry about refunds. I'm in the same situation.

Top Bottom