CivBE & Dune, possible mod?

greenlamb

Chieftain
I guess its a bit early (OK too early) to talk about mods, but was anyone else excited about that part in the video where they talked about worms, and the possibility of riding them? Someone must be a Dune fan.

It would be awesome if the first mod we make would be a Dune mod. Have spice as the main resource, maybe some other minor resources in water, have wind traps as a building... There's even the 3 factions there ready to be separated into Harkonnen, Atreides, and Ordos/Fremen. Now I am just a beginner in Civ5 modding, but would love to participate in this.

Dune was said to be an influence. I'm sure some aspects of Dune could be even more directly imported into a mod, but it'll depend on quite a few factors (one of them being ease of modding).

I only started in Civ5 modding recently, so have no idea how bad it was when civ5 was first released. As I understand it there was significant strides made by the modding community here, with additional features released by Firaxis over the years. Here's to hoping that the modding machinations of civBE still stay largely the same as civ5, if not improved.

It can happen, it happened before in civilization 4.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=358

Maybe if you gather a few people who know how to mod or want to learn how to mod and make this total conversion mod. You can see if you can "import" some ideas from this mod and integrate it with Civilization: Beyond Earth.

I really want to turn that desert planet into a living, breathing green world like I used to do in civ 4 Dune Wars Mod.

Top Bottom