CivBucks - What good are they?

mastrude

Paraclete of Kaborka
Supporter
I have finally learned how to win tech maze. Not worth trying unless I have 60 or so moves saved up. It's relatively cheap to buy more moves, and I have won the maze three times for 7,000 science each. This is very productive.

Comments?

I have finally learned how to win tech maze. Not worth trying unless I have 60 or so moves saved up. It's relatively cheap to buy more moves, and I have won the maze three times for 7,000 science each. This is very productive.

Comments?

i use them to get harvests. if you have a battle coming up, and it looks like you are vastly outnumbered, put all your houses to production and pay 2 bucks and use them do a few dozen harvests to get more production, build a big army in a small amount of time and go and win.

also look at the market. if you see that farms are selling for much much higher than usual, then put all of your houses to farms and spend civbucks on harvests and sell on the market to make coins,

or if you want some gold to buy a great person when you see a great person drop in price and dont have coin to go get it.

If it's regularly taking you 60 moves to do a maze, ur doing it rong.

If it's regularly taking you 60 moves to do a maze, ur doing it rong.

indeed.

if you hit a dead end, hit the restart button and you get your moves back. try again until you find the right pathway and get there without having to do any back tracking. if you hit a dead and and have to backtrack, instead of back tracking, just hit 'start over' and keep hitting 'start over' until you can do the maze with the fastest route possible with no wasted moves.

indeed.

if you hit a dead end, hit the restart button and you get your moves back. try again until you find the right pathway and get there without having to do any back tracking. if you hit a dead and and have to backtrack, instead of back tracking, just hit 'start over' and keep hitting 'start over' until you can do the maze with the fastest route possible with no wasted moves.

OK, I'm willing to learn. However backtracking doesn't cost moves. I restart only when it's clear that I came in the wrong front door. This could save me time and hassle.

Since your strategy has no penalty over mine, though, I will try it.

How many moves does it usu8allly take you?

i use them to get harvests. if you have a battle coming up, and it looks like you are vastly outnumbered, put all your houses to production and pay 2 bucks and use them do a few dozen harvests to get more production, build a big army in a small amount of time and go and win.

also look at the market. if you see that farms are selling for much much higher than usual, then put all of your houses to farms and spend civbucks on harvests and sell on the market to make coins,

or if you want some gold to buy a great person when you see a great person drop in price and dont have coin to go get it.

How the heck are you getting a few dozen harvests out of two bucks? Most I've seen is ten from a buck, and usually it's one or two.

I assumed when he said 2 bucks he meant 2 real US dollars.

Harvests would be good early-mid game. Science maze moves become valuable late in the game when in order to get those 5 moves you would have to harvest thousands and thousands of science.

I assumed when he said 2 bucks he meant 2 real US dollars.

Harvests would be good early-mid game. Science maze moves become valuable late in the game when in order to get those 5 moves you would have to harvest thousands and thousands of science.

i am spending 2$usa.

if you get to the point in a maze where you have to back track, that means you went too far in the wrong direction. backtracking doesnt cost you anything, but if you spent moves getting to a spot in the maze where you have to back track, then you should start over, and take a different route.(dont use the same route you went last time).

and yes the harvests are awesome for getting food and production, but for getting science later on, not so much.

to be honest, i spent 4 bucks total in this game. won both fights, solidified my civ's superiority in the game so was worth it.

Note that maze moves carry over to your next maze. So if you can see a detour to get a beaker to get more moves before you reach the center, and it lets you end the maze with more moves, do it. You can easily chain 2-3 mazes this way because of this. Maze moves (and overflow tech) only reset when the tech gets discovered, where you should sell excess overflow tech before completing the maze.

CivBucks are used to cheat....!

Well, that's what it feels like anyway. Probably what will cause me to stop playing CivWorld, and what keeps me from playing any "pay to win" games. It kind of makes me angry, because I really like CivWorld.

Top Bottom