CivCity $9.90, Railroads $24.90

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
GoGamer.com is selling CivCity for just $9.90 in its 48 Hour Madness special. This is $26 less than Amazon.com's price!

Sid Meier's Railroads! is also one of the specials and the price is $24.90, $5 less than Amazon's price.

Getting both CivCity and Railroads! for just $34.80 is a very good deal! At the time of writing, both offers will expire in about 124 hours.

Is CivCity any good? I'm assuming not since there's no CivCityFanatics websites around and no CivCity forum here. :mischief:
I have Railroads!. It's okay, but not really addictive.
Well, on GameRankings, CivCity's average score is 68%. Another city building game which was released a few months later, Caesar IV, has 75% average score. City building games usually don't get high ratings.

Well, on GameRankings, CivCity's average score is 68%. Another city building game which was released a few months later, Caesar IV, has 75% average score. City building games usually don't get high ratings.

Except for SimCity, you mean?

I've heard that CivCity: Rome is pretty average, but I'll probably try it for $10. If it's really that boring, I can recoup my losses on eBay.

Personally, I found Pirates! to not be that great -- it's like a bundle of four or five Flash games. Still, the graphics are better than your average Flash game. I'd give it more of a 5/10 or 6/10, certainly nowhere near the 9/10 that many gaming sites overzealously awarded it.

It's too bad that most game reviewers start their reviews at 7/10, then add points from there, based on advertising and graphics.

I miss the days of an ad-free internet, but then there were no girls online, so I guess it's a trade-off, isn't it?

Civ City is a lot like Tropico 2, what little I've played of either. Not as worth it, but probably worth $10. I've heard many a bad thing about Railroads, so I declined to touch it at all. Pirates wasn't all that good; too many things about the interface needed tweaking in the common sense direction, and difficulty goes from way too easy to way too hard in a single step.

Now that I think about it, compared to this, I'm rather shocked that Civ4 turned out so well.

Top Bottom