CivDipXIV: Getting the Ball Rolling.

Sheep

Orange Shrooms!
Game Name:
Getting the Ball Rolling

Game Type:
Standard

Note:
If an NMR occurs the player in question will need to contact me within 24 hours or face immediate replacement.

Victory Conditions:
18 supply centers or whoever has the most at the end of 1914.

Deadlines:
Movement deadlines will be every Sunday at 12:01am GMT. Adjudication will occur within two hours of this. I will be using Realpolitik so please ensure that orders are filled out in a format that this program can read, for quicker adjuidications.

Retreats will be required by Monday at 12:01am GMT, 24 hours after the adjudication, and builds will be required a futher 24 hours after this.

Power Assignments:
Random (you can black ball one nation to ensure that that nation is not the one you wish to have) :mischief:

Maps:
Yes

Email: liammaddrell@hotmail.com or alternativley pm me.

Other Notes:
This game I wish to try and get a few new players into it, so go tell your friends!

Oh an please when you join can you give your email address and the nation you wish to black ball.

Is Germany the nation you are black balling? black balling means you do not want to be that nation.

Seriously? Another one? What's with all the rapid creation of games? This forum was dead for months or years, kittenofchaos sends an e-mail into the void to start a game, another one starts, and before the third turn in that game is finished we have ANOTHER game? Man. . . I might have to sit this one out.

But I won't. I'm in; but I really, really, really would prefer to at least let Dancing with the Devil eliminate one or two players before we start a new one. If you can get seven players who are all eager to start a game immediately, I will give up my place.

As I'm already PLAYING Italy and Germany here at Civdip, I'd prefer not to play them yet again. I'll create a specialty email once powers are assigned. I would advocate playing this game the form of Gunboat in which players e-mail each other directly, but no one knows whose email is whose.

erm, i want to blackball austria.

BTW whats NMR and any other acronym?

NMR is "No Move Received". How familiar are you with Diplomacy? Its rather fraught with acronyms. Each territory on the board has an acronym that is identified in the yearbook; but I would hope that you know that, as well as the obvious A for army and F for fleet.

Hmm, I have four e-mail addresses, so theoretically I can handle four games at once, right? I'll blackball umm, umm, *flips coin* Turkey.

I'm almost afraid to start another. I would hate for the events of one game to take a toll on other games... [Nag, nag, nag... moan, moan, moan...]

With that said: I'm in, kill France for me, I've played them thrice in a row. Although I know that I'll end up a witch...

So far we have playing

Insane Panda - blackballed nobody
Blackheart - blackballed Austria
Keriador - blackballed Germany
Dreadnought - blackballed Austria
Gnarffinger - blackballed Turkey
Armius - blackballed France.
Slappy - blackballed Russia.

We therefore need two more players and then replacement players if god forbid there are NMRs.

I also want to know who is intrested in making this a gunboat game. Gunboat games mean that only the GM has the list of who is who and what emails are being used. For many of you this will mean that you may have to create a new email.

you can use hotmail buddy.

I'll sit out on this one, though you can put me on the replacement list.

done thanks Kitten.

I Heart Gunboat, as long as its the sort where all press doesn't actually go THROUGH the GM. That's entirely too much work for the GM, and will take far too long. I reiterate, if three new players are found, I will gladly become simply a replacement player.

We need one more player and we will begin. I dont think Gunboat is a good idea as we have some people that more newbies than anything else.

Arrgh. I have been trying to be very strict with myself and stay in one game at a time. But sign me up if you don't find another 7th, Sheep. I'd want to blackball Russia if I play, as I've taken on the mighty bear's mantle in my last two games.

Top Bottom