Civfanatics problems

LincolnOfRome

Glutton for Punishment
I have Internet Explorer 11. When I try to go to the Civfanatics website I see:

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /usr/local/etc/httpd/forums.civfanatics.com/includes/init.php(298) : eval()'d code
Line: 156

If I then open up the Civfanatics website in Chrome, I am able to open it up in IE as well. Is it my IE settings? Compatibility issues?

Moderator Action: Not a Civ5 issue. Moved to Site Feedback.

I'm having the exact same problem on my work computer...

I am having the same issue on my personal computer and the computers at school.

Windows 8, just updated to IE11 and I get this error message

File: /usr/local/etc/httpd/forums.civfanatics.com/includes/init.php(298) : eval()'d code

All my other webpages work OK.

But I can access using Google Chrome.

How can I solve this.

I've been getting this too from both home and at work. If you take the ?f=385 off of the end of the address it will work though.

It does this on Firefox and IE at home and Chrome and IE at work.

I'm using firefox and have the same problem. When I try to enter the site from google search it shows that message. I went to "isdownorblocked.com" and I was able to enter from a link in that site. I'm using flashblock addon in firefox aswell and there was a flash window next to the unable to add cookies message. When I clicked on the flash window to let firefox show me what it was it tried to infect my PC with a virus but kaspersky blocked that from happening.

I can't replicate this. Can someone determine which cookie can't be sent (I am assuming it is a third party one, in which case we need to stamp it out). If someone could show what banner ads there are when this happens, that might provide a clue. I'm wondering if it is malware infecting an ad.

Note that I merged a thread from Civ5 - GD that contains possible workarounds.

I have also been getting this

I've been able to get around it by opening pages in chached format via google and then after that it is fine

Using firefox with ubuntu

Once again... THANKS to All of You!! :thanx: For all U'v done, are doing, & will do for all of us. :cheers:

"Never have so few done so much for so many with so little."? :hatsoff:

:) Happy Holidays for You & Yours! :cool:

Once again... THANKS to All of You!! :thanx: For all U'v done, are doing, & will do for all of us. :cheers:
I agree, Thanks.

But AFAIK, this problem hasn't been solved.
When I click on the "newpost link" in a civfanatic email (in either IE or FF), I get the error message.
The links work in Chrome. I had been getting to civfanatics via favorites.
So, at least there are work-arounds for us users.

[I had a different problem with IE 11 on another website. ms rolled out 11 (to those of us who autoinstall) but not all sites are compatible with it.]

No.
Exited and restarted IE, then clicked on the link and got the error.
Pasted it into the browser address (IE) and it worked (got me here).

As noted, I can't replicate this. So you try to go to forums.civfanatics.com in IE11, and this error happens. Try going direct to a given thread, and it doesn't?

Or is it a case that this error occurs when trying to click a link in an email and an IE11 instance gets initiated, but won't load the page?

Edit: And what OS is this using?

As noted, I can't replicate this. So you try to go to forums.civfanatics.com in IE11, and this error happens. Try going direct to a given thread, and it doesn't?

Or is it a case that this error occurs when trying to click a link in an email and an IE11 instance gets initiated, but won't load the page?

Edit: And what OS is this using?
Windows 7.
Happens in both IE11 and Firefox.

It's the latter, "error occurs when trying to click a link in an email" - opens a new tab but what is displayed is the error message quoted above instead of the page.

It doesn't happen to me when going to forums.civfanatics.com; only when clicking on the links {in emails} to take me to newpost in thread.

Top Bottom