1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CiVI Reformation Golden Ages

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Unreleased Mods' started by greyTiger, Mar 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. greyTiger

greyTiger Chieftain

I am not familiar with the Quick AI movement mod. Perhaps the creator would better be able to determine what else you would need to copy across. At a guess I think you would also need the OptionCheck function that is called by the PlayerTurnDeactivated event. That function may hold the key to it working.

2. greyTiger

greyTiger Chieftain

I am updating the policies added by the mod so that it is possible to get Golden Age points from Great Engineers, Merchants and Scientists as well as Prophets and Culture Great People. I will also be adding some beliefs in the future that will provide other ways of getting points. e.g. Killing units provide points equal to their maintenance cost, etc

3. ITcore

ITcore Chieftain

I'll have to look into it myself since the original creator has disappeared.

4. greyTiger

greyTiger Chieftain

I am considering expanding the mod to include the concept of Dark ages where your Science and Cultural progress would be greatly reduced for a period. I am curious to see what people would think of such a mechanic and what they would like to see as contributing factors to a Dark age.

NameArleadyUsed likes this.
  5. NameArleadyUsed

NameArleadyUsed Chieftain

:wow::woohoo::dubious:

Contributing factors:
    • war wearines
    • staying too long with old goverments when new ones are avaliable
    • having different goverment than most of the other civs (slightly marginal factor compared to former; late game)
    • having obsolete units
    • scouting score below average (the one that is considered when AI have an Expansionist agenda; early/mid-game)
    • having undiscovered techs from two or more eras ago
    • lack of own religion (unless being Kongo)
    • "bad" diplomacy (on at least normal size maps):
      • no international trade routes
      • closed borders with all civs
      • no civ with positive relations
    • generating more :c5faith:faith than :c5science:science and :c5culture:culture together

6. Salmuth

Salmuth Chieftain

I bet that would work fine with the natural disasters. They would be a nice origin problem to a dark age. I don't know if there are plagues but that'd be a nice addition.