CiVI Reformation Victories Pack [WIP]

greyTiger

Warlord
Hi and welcome to the CiVI Reformation Victories Pack thread. This thread is intended as a place for me to post updates on my upcoming mod that adds several new victory types to the game. Any and all feedback is welcomed and I will try to respond to everything as best as I can.

The mod is currently still in development but I hope to have the first beta version available soon, hopefully just before Christmas.

New victory types:

Economic Victory

The Economic victory is based on access to trade and luxury goods, and ofcourse gold. It's ideal for someone who wants to avoid conflict and just build up their empire's infrastructure.

Victory is achieved by generating more gold per turn than all your opponents, having a trade route with each major civilization, and having access to each luxury resource that spawned on the map. Once these conditions are met then you can build the National Bank project to claim victory.

Metropolis Victory

The Metropolis victory is based on growing one of your cities to a minimum of 60 population, while keeping them happy at the same time.

Victory is achieved by reaching the target population and then accessing whatever amenities you can to make the population in the city happy. Once these two conditions are met then you can build the Metropolis Monument project to claim victory.

Territorial Victory

The Territorial victory is based on controlling the most territory and having the largest military, and also having the telecommunications technology researched.

Current Status

At this stage I have the Metropolis and Territorial victories mostly working. The Economic victory trade and luxury conditions are what I am currently working on.

Ideas for the future

- I am also planning on a Diplomatic victory based on the player's relations with both the major and minor (city states) civilizations.
- Layout changes for the Economic victory's conditions (would love to show the luxuries and civilizations with trade route icons in the rankings tab).
- Icons for the different victory types (the first version will likely use the default timer icon).
- Left click functionality added to the World Rankings overview so you can click on a victory type to go to its tab.
- Right click functionality added to the World Rankings overview so you can click on a victory type and go to the Civilopedia entry for it.
- Update the AI so it understands what the new victory conditions are and will try to compete for them.

If anyone has any ideas for additional victory conditions or improvements on what I have mentioned then please share them here :)

This looks phenomenal. More diverse victory conditions has always been lacking in Civ. If you need a play tester let me know!

Have been hard at work on getting the last parts of the first 3 victories done (Economic, Metropolis and Territorial). A few modifications have been made for balancing and to address some requirements in the database not acting as I expected.

1) Metropolis victory now has a target population of 50 [down from 60]. In my testing I created a city surrounded by farms, with 6 support cities that shared their stadium amenities with the main city. Found that this worked well to reach the target of 50 with happy citizens by roughly turn 450. Note, the recent change by Firaxis to stop the sharing of amenities from the stadiums may make this victory much more difficult. Future versions may include new policies to make this easier if needed.

2) Territorial victory has been changed so the player needs to build a monument once they have the largest territory, largest army and have researched the telecommunications tech. I was having some issues with one of the requirements not triggering the victory as expected so I have changed to needing the monument which can be constructed when the first 3 criteria are met. The completion of the territory victory monument will then trigger the victory.

3) The Economic victory is almost done. Have been able to track what luxury resources spawned on the map and if the player has farmed\mined them. Also getting close on the trade routes check.

4) I have been able to add icons to the overview panel of the victory types window, along with icons for the individual tabs for the new victories. I am not the best artist so they could do with some work, but will do for the first release.

Keep an eye out over the coming days, as if all goes well then I should be releasing version 1 before Christmas :)
After Christmas I expect to start work on the next batch of victories (Diplomatic, Industrial and Environmental). More info on these victory types will be available as I nail the conditions down.

Last edited:
This looks phenomenal. More diverse victory conditions has always been lacking in Civ. If you need a play tester let me know!

Thanks. I have always found the number of ways to achieve victory lacking in previous civs. Was determined I was going to add some more varied winning conditions this time around. Just pleased to offer something back to the great Civ community.
The first version has just been released for download. Would love to hear any ideas you have for tweaks or extra conditions, and even more victory types :)

Top Bottom