civic-specific buildings

civhelp121

Prince
As you know, some buildings require a specific civic. The question I have is if I build that building, but switch away from that specific civic, will the building still give its bonuses?

As you know, some buildings require a specific civic. The question I have is if I build that building, but switch away from that specific civic, will the building still give its bonuses?

no, to prevent exploits

no, to prevent exploits

hmm, that's what i though too. but it seems the bonuses remain: i'm now at guilds civic though i still get the production bonuses form the slave markets (compared total hammer modifier and the production bonus buildings in a town, the 15% bonus was there). also my financial advisor still lists the income frome the slave markets... despite that they give still unhappiness.

so yeah, you can exploit that switching through all civics and building all civic specific buildings... it's actually what i do in my current game.

hmm, that's what i though too. but it seems the bonuses remain: i'm now at guilds civic though i still get the production bonuses form the slave markets (compared total hammer modifier and the production bonus buildings in a town, the 15% bonus was there). also my financial advisor still lists the income frome the slave markets... despite that they give still unhappiness.

so yeah, you can exploit that switching through all civics and building all civic specific buildings... it's actually what i do in my current game.

I play with REV on so exploits are much weaker

Civic Buildings effects still work when you switch out. The logic here is that the civic is construction prerequisite, not an operation prerequisite. However, switching civic's rapidly, while playing with Revolutions, is very harmful to stability and you lose valuable turns of commerce and production. Also, most of the civic buildings that give happiness as a bonus, give unhappiness with different civic combinations, removing the benefit of switching away from the civic.

So yes, it is possible to exploit, somewhat. I left it as is because I figured that only a few micro-managing players would ever do it, and adding the operational code to the SDK would have been a real hassle. ;)

However, switching civic's rapidly, while playing with Revolutions, is very harmful to stability and you lose valuable turns of commerce and production.

Unless you have a Golden Age (or Cristo Redentor). ;)

I think its a good idea to make it so that you can still use buildings after you switch. It wouldn't make sense that, say a free port would suddenly stop recieving and sending off ships just because the economic policy has changed.

I think its a good idea to make it so that you can still use buildings after you switch. It wouldn't make sense that, say a free port would suddenly stop recieving and sending off ships just because the economic policy has changed.

true for the most buildings. this is only a bit strage for the slave market... but ok

Top Bottom