Civics count for a Colonial War....

Archon_Wing

Vote for me or die
I ran across an awkward situation where I can declare a Colonial War against a more advanced power

So maybe I beelined something into a new era? Nope! Same era

Spoiler :

I am far ahead on the Civics tree though
Spoiler :

So does that mean you can declare if you're 2 eras ahead in either tree? That's not what the tooltip says

What about Civilopedia? That is even worse, because it claims "2 technologies" which is definitely nonsense.

I guess nobody has caught this because nobody actually cares about CB, but I'm just wondering if this is intended, and if it's not, should it?

Attachments

• PERICLES 161 1000 AD.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 84
Unless I'm missing something, it says you can not declare, it's not lit up, and it's telling you that you do not satisfy the conditions.

All that is available to you right now is a formal war because someone denounced the other.

I see this all the time (on deity I can be almost a whole era behind on science, but when I get cultural heritage for example, the CB pops up), and yes your era is considered as the era of your most advanced tech/civic. This is the same as the era that is displayed when you load a saved game.

So that means that if one science-focused civ is up against a culture-focused civ, such that one is two eras ahead on tech and the other two eras ahead on civics, but overall they are considered in the same era, then colonial war cannot be declared either way.

In other words this CB is valid when your most advanced tech/civic is 2 eras ahead of their most advanced tech/civic. I guess the description is a bit misleading.

Unless I'm missing something, it says you can not declare, it's not lit up, and it's telling you that you do not satisfy the conditions.

All that is available to you right now is a formal war because someone denounced the other.

The CB is for Alexander, not Brasil.

Top Bottom