Civics Strategy?

Government: I generally run Fascist or Communist, depends if I am building an army at the moment; these provide production bonuses. I have never run Federal. Early on I run Monarchy, switching to Democracy or Republic if stability becomes an issue.

Power: Bureaucracy. I have never used any of the other for long periods, other than President for a military build up.

Society: Marxist since it basically provides a free Engineer with Regulated; I also have the Adam Smith and Sistine Chapel wonders built.

Economy: Free Market until I get Regulated for production. I never have the stability for Slavery due to expansion.

Religion: Free Church for building production, until the unhappiness forces me into Secular.

Welfare: Charity (stability) to Private to Socialized (When I need every Health bonus). I have never run church; I never seem to have the religious diversity in time to over benefit from it.

Future: Supremacy since I win before discovering others; I would like to play on a larger map so that would not be the case, but my computer cannot handle anything over large.

Society: Patrician.
Economy: Corporationist
Welfare: Corporate
Reduces corporations cost by around 70%. You can basically spread two coroporations to all your lands for nearly no cost with the courthouse and local courthouse.

Government- republic until I get Democracy for the money/science/espiange benefits and the benefits to stability. The agora building is nice too.

Power- Bureaucracy- again, awsome benefits. I generally don't like benfits like senate because even though they provide a food benefit, if you switch you find yourself with a starving populous, so food benefits kinda trap you unless you are about to research a tech that improves farms.

Society- Proletariat most of the time because of its happieness benfits, the increased commerce to farms. Sometimes patrician, and liberal if unhappieness is too great.

Economy- Free Market until I get the regulated tech. No need to explain why.

Realigion- Free church until later in the game when I generally have a lot of religious diversity, so I switch to secular. Sometimes atheist if I can handle the unhappieness

Welfare- Doesn't really matter until socialized, where I switch.

Economy- Free Market until I get the regulated tech. No need to explain why.

Too bad you missed the Golden Age of Slavery, then, as it's likely to finally be nerfed. Currently Mercantilism, with its hammers, and, eventually, food from trade routes, edges out Free Market. That will also need testing with the new changes. Regulated used to be the way to go, but there's some recent change that I can't remember that makes it less enticing (ah, the days of unlimited engineers!). Maybe higher corporation costs? Those are a deal-breaker.

If you can handle the happiness, Caste is hard to beat - it's like playing the whole game in a Golden Age, with food too!

There's very little reason not to run Free Church, if only for the building bonus. RoM has lots of very good buildings (relative to Vanilla/other mods). Only diplomatic considerations should change this. +20% research? Build a library!

Agreed that Communism/Fascism are too good - needs to be another modern civic in that category to compete. I beeline Monarchy early for roads (+1 from mines) and to turn off the city maintenance penalty, but Republic is usually better once its available. Democracy is a disappointment.

Federalism's lower maintenance costs can make it worth doing if you have extensive colonies/overseas conquests, while Senate's trade route food bonus (combined with the one from Mercantilism) along with the Mil production bonus (with the more expensive Industrial units) also makes it playable once you hit IPorts.

Private (happiness, science, health - what's not to like?) is worth beelining, but Corporate is key in the long game as the Corp buildings are strong, but the upkeep is expensive. In the late game, I'll build them all in each city by switching corporations.

Government: Communist late game. Republic early.
Power: Bureaucracy all the way.
Society: Nationalist. Though Liberal removes :mad: from not having it, the :mad: from the buildings are to much.
Economy: Corporatist or Regulated. Mostly Corporatist due to the benefits it provides for Corporations. The other benefits from it are nice to.
Religion: Free Church: Its pretty much a beefed up Organized Religion.
Welfare: Socialized: All of its benefits are awesome. Well except the High upkeep.
Future: Superhuman. Love it 110 percent.

I usually beeline Feudalism. It makes farming truly worthwhile, and the bonuses from forts are better than lumbermills in forests right up until you get railroads (plus you can build them on deserts).
The extra food always gives me a huge population boom that helps immensely (I usually end up turning my capital into a great person farm, with Olympic Games and eventually National Park).

I like how I am all crazy sauce compared to the rest here lol.

Government: Monarchy (I am the king biatch!)
Power: Junta into ----> Bureaucracy
Society: Caste
Economy: Slavery (I am evil :D) into ----> Free market
Religion: Divine Cult into ----> Free Church
Welfare: Charity into ----> Public Works into ----> Private
Future: No idea :D
Military: Vassalage into ----> Volunteer Army
Ideology: No idea, Centrism?

Top Bottom