Civil war in Palestine?

Urederra

Mostly harmless
Is this more of the same in that country or is a leap forward (towards who knows where)

http://www.axcessnews.com/index.php/articles/show/id/11249

[size=+2]Civil War threatens in Palestine after Hamas attempts Fatah coup of government buildings in Gaza[/size](EUNN) London - It appears that all hell is breaking loose in Palestine today after the Hamas militant wing issued an ultimatum to Abbas' Fatah Party to evacuate security buildings in an attempted coup of the Fatah party in Gaza.
The Hamas militants issued a statement demanding Fatah give up control of security headquarter to the armed insurgent group, giving Abbas' staff only 30 minutes to leave and surrender control of all Palestinian security operations.
EUNN was unable to access the official Fatah government website midday Tuesday to verify any official statement by the Abbas administration, leaving open the possibility that the Hamas militants were successful in their coup attempt.
The Ramatah News Agency, which is pro-Hamas, gave no indication of a coup being underway in Gaza City.
The statement issued by Hamas's Izz el-Deen al-Qassam Brigades at 1200 GMT Tuesday, demanded the Fatah party surrender the military intelligence, the presidential guard, national security and preventive security facilities by 1:30 GMT today.
An Abbas spokesperson said the Palestinian President's Fatah party government will decide within hours whether it will abandon the co-party government set up with rival Hamas factions.
"Fatah will decide its position on staying in the unity government and whether to withdraw its members from parliament," said Abdel-Hakim Awad, a Fatah party spokesman.
Awad added that Fatah security forces would never accept the Hamas militant group's ultimatum and abandon the Palestinian government's security headquarters. "They will defend it with all their might," said Awad.

It seems things are getting nastier, just when you think the zone can't get worse.

Awad said foreign powers were behind the coup attempt, falling short of naming Syria and Iran. But Awad did say that the two nations were supplying Hamas militants with weapons.

Yeah... the CIA, for sure. LOL.

Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh of Hamas accused Fatah members of trying to topple the unity government, saying they were "collaborating with hostile forces".
At least 17 Palestinians have been killed since Monday during Hamas-Fatah clashes, during which militants attacked both Abbas' compound and the house of Prime Minister Haneya.
Abbas' office said Palestine was on the verge of a civil war. In a statement released today, a Fatah party spokesman on behalf of Abbas' office said, "Facts indicate that some political and military leaders of Hamas are plotting a coup," adding that Abbas called all parties to implement an immediate ceasefire and hold serious dialogues.

This is bad for Palestinians. But, who about Israel, Is it good for them?

Probably will be good for Israel for the time being and maybe even the long run. Probably good to let the Palestinians fight it out until they get tired of fighting at all. After all their tactics against Israel might work on coaxing a more peaceful mindset if they're used on each other.

I've been thinking about the situation, and the best solution I could think of is to get Fatah to root out Hamas but transferring IDF elements to their command, but when I think about it, it sounds either ******ed, or genius. I'm leaning towards the former.

This has been a civil war for weeks now.

If Hamas wins - Palistinians lose.
If they stalemate - Palistinians lose.
If Patah wins - Too unrealistic to happen.

There just might be 2 Palistinian states in the future sorunding Israel.

If Hamas wins - Palistinians lose.
If they stalemate - Palistinians lose.
If Patah wins - Too unrealistic to happen.

There just might be 2 Palistinian states in the future sorunding Israel.

Now lets say they do split and and 2 states emerge. What are the chances Fatah's state could find peace with Israel?

Now lets say they do split and and 2 states emerge. What are the chances Fatah's state could find peace with Israel?

If Israel withdraws to 67 borders and a sutibale solution for Jerusalem, pretty good.

Though there are about half a million living in the west bank, compared to the thousands who lived in gaza, it would be quite difficult (and VERY expensive) to remove them.

Let them kill each other. If I were Israel, I'd be air-dropping guns and ammo to both sides.

Top Bottom