Civil War Scenario

If its just the Eastern Theater than it seems unlikely that any Native Civ would be linked to the Civil War Scenario. Potentially the Cherokee, but that is still iffy

I think the interesting challenge will be making it feel like the Civil War. This means the north has to have the advantage, but the South can't fall quickly.

My thought would be to give Great Generals a huge boost and give the Confederacy a couple (i.e., Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, etc.). The north would have to earn one through combat and eventually generate one (Ulysses S. Grant, of course). The Confederacy would also get combat bonuses when near a GG and on their territory, but perhaps less so on enemy territory. The north would also get massive production bonuses and a rail network to quickly move them to the front. Essentially, the north will always have number advantages, but the south's troops will fight better. This changes as the north gets Grant. The north can also try and take cities elsewhere where Lee can't fight.

I would also have an asymmetric victory condition. The north needs to take Richmond and maybe a few other cities (I require all cities, though). The south, on the other hand, just needs to create war weariness. Maybe have an election or some kind of time moment and the war weariness has to be under a certain amount. Union casualties raise it, capturing cities lowers it. Even more war weariness for victories on Union soil where the Union will have the advantage.

You must be from the South. The south seceded from the north, not the other way around. And the south attacked fort sumter. The south should have never started a war that they couldn't win.

I dunno, I'm always sympathetic with the separatist. I mean, the very idea of using violence to force someone's participation in a republic doesn't seem to quite make sense.

That's what always bugged me about Star Wars episodes 1-3. That and the war to oppress those poor droids. :)

I dunno, I'm always sympathetic with the separatist. I mean, the very idea of using violence to force someone's participation in a republic doesn't seem to quite make sense.

I see what you are saying. Every state voluntarily enters the union, but once they are in there is no way out. It's like a trap.

In the modern world if any state secedes, Texas will probably be the first one to do it. And my guess is that the Union would react exactly the same as they did in 1861. B-2 bombers would be unloading "cargo" over Dallas and Houston.

Guys. Please don't. You don't know what OT is like.

Nice to have a bit 'smaller' scale scenario, I mean in a way that you don't probably need to negotiate with several different leaders and city-states, but to focuse on a sole enemy.

I belive that the scenario showcases the new trade routes, both inside borders and internatioal to Europe.

Religion and espionage are probably off, and I'd belive there's scenario-only Social Policy paths too like in some G&K -scenarios.

With the films Lincoln and Django:Unchained getting Oscar wins and all, the Civil War era seems in fashion. ;)

I hope this scenario goes well so the future may see a scenario based on the Spanish Civil War, especilly as that would realy play well with the ideologies.

Also: the music possibilities can come from this American scenario will be good.

I am excited for this scenario. I don't care much for history between the years of 1700ish up to WW1, however I do really like the warfare during that time period.

I suspect we will see some unique cannon and rifle units.

I'm also curious whether it will be a simple duel map. Is it just north vs. south? Most of the scenarios in Civilization allow you to choose multiple factions.

I hope this scenario goes well so the future may see a scenario based on the Spanish Civil War, especilly as that would realy play well with the ideologies.

Also: the music possibilities can come from this American scenario will be good.

Given it is focused on the Eastern Theater of the US, I strongly doubt this.

Top Bottom