Civil War...

Mayhem

Airman First Class
I was pleasantly surprised last night when I sacked the capital of the Russian bear (in a scenario). I was the italians, starting before WWI.

I jabbed up the Luxeries, that brought a lot of people in. Then I jabbed up the Taxes to rush-pay for some improvments. I was all set, getting roughly 300 per turn.

I'd build barracks, and rush a few artiliery a few a turn.

Soon i had a bevy of artilery and a rail to the french city. Since my science was low, I decided to steal all the tech I needed.

It was easy, I stole from them, and they did nothing about it, probably afraid of causing a duel front war with germany and myself. Luckily I found a way to betray them and I swept across france, with the help of alpin troopers and forts along the way.

Did the same to Germany.

As I approaced Russia, my spies detected they had many nucs in about 5 cities close to me. I quickly struck with my nuke to capture a city. I converted a city, used 2 nukes that were in there. To sack Moscow. Later after i broke a cease fire, I captured their 2nd capital.

This caused a great divide and a civil war in their vast country.

Most of their southern arabic and some eurasian cities turned greek, and most of the powerful Russian cities remaind russian.

This added great flavor to the game, I enjoyed it very much.

My question is how can I trigger this reaction more in the future?
Do I have to strike big countries?

Thanks
-Mike :nuke:

You need to capture the capital city of a large empire. It causes the empire to break into two empires...Although you do need a free player slot.

But what are the two "split" civs named after the civil war comes into play?

(excuse me I'm drunk)

There will be an original, and a new Civ named from a civ not yet used or defeated in the game.

I killed the English (orange), then sacked the russian capital...
Then the Greek (orange) took place as the 2nd civ.

It helped me out a lot, it was getting boring with just 3 civs.

BTW, to make an empire split, you need to capture a capital of an empire that is more powerful than you. That is why you won't see empire splits ("Civil Wars") when your are "Supreme"..

:).

Top Bottom