(Civil Wonders) Prague Castle, Burj al Arab etc.

Excellent work! :goodjob:

I let some art requests, just in case... :)

1) Phoenician Seaport
Nothing special: basic Civ harbor improved with phoenician items could be enough
http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/770/97543.JPG

2) Golgotha
Basically a hill with 3 wooden cross on top
http://podwyzrz.rzeszow.opoka.org.pl/informat/image/golgota.jpg

3) Knossos Labyrinth Wonder
It's really impegnative, imo
http://www.kafka.flagella.it/blog/labirinto.jpg
http://www.labyrinthos.net/images/knocoin.gif

OK. I will make on... :)

@ Ekmek
do you want full St Mark's Basilica complex or nicest part only?

Toltec pyramid (Requested by Frekk)
download

I choosed a grey colour tone, no problem tune it to yellow or other...

Very nice! How did you know I needed a new UB model to go with my Toltec Leaderhead? :D

Great job. :goodjob:

I don't believe to my eyes :eek: !
Absolutely perfect! :goodjob:

Thanks Hrochland! :goodjob:
Another top building for TAM mod! ;)

Currently TAM uses your Petra art as Golgota wonder. Finally it gets a right and excellent building. :)

If you are also planned the phoenician seaport UB, I suggest you to start a new thread (other than Wonders and Fantasy you already started) devoted to normal or unique buildings. ;)
Phoenician seaport art could have many potential users: TAM (surely!!!), Civ Gold and Amra mods :goodjob:

Both Golgota and Knossos Labirynth are perfect - great job

@ ambrox62
As regards buildings, I have here four threads.
Meteora - for religions buildings
Prague Castle - for wonders and unique
Seafactory for improvements etc
Fantasy buildings
it´s clear and sufficient I think :)

I originally made this request in Rabbit, White's thread, but seeing as how no one has replied to it in quite a while, I thought I'd try asking here.
I'd like to request a model of the Canadian Parliament building. After hearing the song Stonecutter by James Keelaghan, I did a search on the building and it is indeed a beautiful structure. The part about the Peace Tower is what really got to me.

A bit of history: The original building caught fire in 1916, and due to structural defects brought on fire the fire it had to be torn down. They put out an open contract for the rebuilding effort, giving masons to came to help near free reign of a quarry for building the new parliament structure and to build their own house on a section of land that is now called Stonecutter's Lane (to this day it remains some of the most prized real-estate in Ottawa). However, since all the young men had been drafted for the war effort, there were no apprentices to help out. As a result, only master masons came to work, which brought about the creation of an incredibly beautiful structure. Since it's completion, the names of every Canadian soldier killed in war has been placed in tomes and kept in a special vault found within the Peace Tower. More recently, the names of the men of the merchant marine lost in WWII were placed within these hallowed vaults, marking them as the first non-military personnel to be afforded this honor.
For those interested, here's the lyrics for the song. I can't seem to find them online, and I don't think James would mind if it brought more people to his music.
If you're down by Queen and Briton's Streets, you'll find Stonecutter's Lane
The house that my grandfather built, where I was born and raised
My grandad was a mason, my father in his time
When my time came I signed as an apprentice lad

Early 1900's were a rich fat afternoon
We were cutt'n stone like demons, no work was done too soon
We were hired out on seven jobs, and so to take the slack
We put out advertisements for apprentice lads

You'd never find a better crew
They knew what work was
Cornices and lintels, they laid stone like they were gods
Hear the hammers ring out, you'd think it was a song

August 1914, in the sulty summer heat
They took a vote on Ottawa, and the drums began to beat
Honor, glory, us or them. the story doesn't change
To a man they all enlisted my apprentice lads

I couldn't say that I agreed, because I knew what war was
It was worker killing worker for some politician's cause
But off to battle they all marched, and gassed them at Cambrai
The dogs of war had done for my apprentice lads

1916 fire broke out, and Parliament was razed
A call went out for masons to rebuild and to relay
It was the contract of a lifetime
A house upon the hill

So they came out from Vancouver, they came down from Montreal
Master masons, every one. They were answering their call
There was no man under thirty, no man whose work I didn't know
The fields of France had swallowed the apprentice lads

It's 1921 now, I'm standing at the peek
About the cap the Peace Tower off, there's no one here can speak
The mortar for that stone we mixed, the clay from Flander's Fields
We laid it in its place for those apprentice lads
Yeah, we laid it in its place for those apprentice lads

Hrochland:

Regarding the Phoenician seaport, I have a friend that went to Sidon send me some pictures of the ruins of the ancient seaport at that city. Here they are (along with other pictures from the internet). They should be enough to get you to create the seaport model.

And here is the "inside:"

Another thing, for those interested: Much of the ruins were submerged in water, but recently with each season the water level has been declining, bringing more and more of the ruins out from underwater. This is part of the more recent ruins of Sidon which are now visable & accesible out at sea.

Hrochland:

Regarding the Phoenician seaport, I have a friend that went to Sidon send me some pictures of the ruins of the ancient seaport at that city. Here they are (along with other pictures from the internet). They should be enough to get you to create the seaport model.

It is good material, Shqype. I will make it
thanks ;)

Top Bottom