1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilians Destroyed Instead of Capture

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Chibisuke, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Chibisuke

Chibisuke Warlord

I'm not sure if this was something implemented in a patch, since I haven't seen anyone talking about it. I have noticed lately that sometimes when I defeat an enemy unit (sometimes in a city, sometimes out on land), and they have a worker or settler with them, the worker or settler gets destroyed rather than captured. Is this a new feature? A bug?

2. eleven11

eleven11 Warlord

Make sure you don't capture the city with a battering ram or siege tower attached to your unit. The support unit will overwrite the civilian unit as only one can occupy a tile.

SharTeel and Icicle like this.
  3. Chibisuke

Chibisuke Warlord

I considered that too, but I'm playing a game now and I simply captured the city with a warrior. The city had a warrior and settler camping inside. After I captured, the settler was destroyed.

I even tried doing it with the city still having some health left vs the city having no health left. Both times, the settler was destroyed.

4. liv

liv Emperor

It seems to happen randomly. Sometimes you capture a unit and other times you don't (and this is without a support unit). I have not been able to spot a pattern

5. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Also, if you have a great general or admiral attached to the capturing unit, the captured civilian unit will disappear. And I don't think I've ever successfully captured an embarked civilian unit.

Icicle likes this.
  6. Rosty K

Rosty K King

I have. The only times when this becomes a problem are when you don't have shipbuilding yet - the unit gets stuck forever.

WillowBrook likes this.
  7. Mazyrian

Mazyrian Chieftain

This happened to me in my current game with Norway; is there really no way to ever use those units?

8. sixty4half

sixty4half Prince

I just had this issue in my current game. Moved a Frigate onto a Settler and the Settler just disappeared. I reloaded and moved a Caravel onto it and captured it. :crazyeye: