Civiliopedia Crash

1230james

Chieftain
Recently, I decided to install a few leaderheads (Roosevelt, Hitler, Churchill, Stalin, and Hirohito. All made by jorde, with some minor sprite tweaks I made to fix transparency issues).

I decided to have Civilopedia entries for each leader and their nations (in case I wanted to add a different entry, as I just copied and pasted in the default entries for now) because, well, why not, you know?

I don't know why, though, but my Civ 3 keeps crashing every time I try to load up the articles for the custom leaderheads, but the default articles load fine.

I'm pretty sure the Civilopedia.txt and Pediaicons.txt files are okay. I could dump their contents into a pastebin and link them here, if someone wants me to.

This doesn't really affect gameplay for me too much, but it's nice to be able to open a Civilopedia entry and see Roosevelt's face instead of Lincoln's on the page when I'm playing with Roosevelt, you know?

Some technicalities:
  • I run the Steam Civ 3: Complete
  • CPU: i3-6100 (Dual-Core 3.7GHz)
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 (Integrated)

Update: Apparently, the game crashes because it tries to load what apparently seems to be a nonexistent article.

https://gyazo.com/4de9fedd35aae30fef89334f786e0a8f

Now I want to know why there's no articles in-game, while launching the same scenario in debug mode loads the entries. (I have a separate scenario, which is an exact copy of the original, except Debug Mode is checked in the C3C editor.)

Top Bottom