Civiliopedia understanding

qwerty25

Prince
Hi peeps.

Does anyone understand how the civiliopedia is being created? / how do we create our own custom ones?

Like I understand that its built on top of a base xml file. And then it loads in other xml files from game/data folder. However is it just using lua to load all of it? Or is it another process.

If anyone could go through a couple steps of how its being built that'd be great.

Thanks,
Qwerty25

it's a bunch of placeholder and generic tabs, pages, lists, sections, chapters, and paragraphs. you can populate them as you wish. each tab or category is a separate lua file. that will create content on the fly by creating instances of those items as necessary. XML defines the layout and styles, and Lua fills in the content.

it's a bunch of placeholder and generic tabs, pages, lists, sections, chapters, and paragraphs. you can populate them as you wish. each tab or category is a separate lua file. that will create content on the fly by creating instances of those items as necessary. XML defines the layout and styles, and Lua fills in the content.

Hi thanks a lot!

Also another question if you could help. Do you know here the icons are stored? Like I found the icon xml files but I can't find the actual pictures.

Top Bottom