Civilization 4 Diplomatic Features - Feedback and Discussion Thread

What sort of situation needs to exist for an AI to consider voluntary vassalage? Last game (before 3-8 version) I convinced Spain to vassal voluntarily, when the two weakest people on the map refused.

What sort of situation needs to exist for an AI to consider voluntary vassalage? Last game (before 3-8 version) I convinced Spain to vassal voluntarily, when the two weakest people on the map refused.

Factors that reduce chance of voluntarily vassalage
  • Distance to player
  • Number of vassals you already have
  • You're not strong enough to defend them
  • They don't like you
  • You're not scientifically ahead of them
  • They are influential culture on you
  • They are going for world conquest
  • They are going for diplomatic victory and the United Nations is in session

That's a general list, there are others

Perhaps I'm the only person in this particular boat, but I play with just the CP and regular EUI. When I downloaded the latest beta (3/1) and the C4DF add-on, the top panel has the Vassal button, but all the other buttons I usually have are missing. Previously, when I would download the latest CP betas, I would have to delete the LUA folder. Should I do that as well for the C4DF?

Is there news about this issue yet?
I'd also like to start a game with CP + EUI today! :)

Thanks for the quick reply! :)
So I can just delete the DiploCornor.xml/lua-files from C4DF without any drawbacks?

edit: Is there no 3/12 standalone version? I only see the new CBP-version in the beta downloads folder.

Thanks for the quick reply! :)
So I can just delete the DiploCornor.xml/lua-files from C4DF without any drawbacks?

edit: Is there no 3/12 standalone version?

The standalone version refers to C4DF mod on steam - the one that's probably broken beyond belief. I'm currently working on fixing that (which is this).

As for deleting DiploCorner.xml/lua...I'm not sure. EUI version is probably buggy as I don't develop for it directly. I don't think there's much changes in that besides the VO icon so it probably is safe.

Oh, I was referring to the version that works with the CP (and doesn't require CBP), not the one with its own DLL.
Which one should I use with CP 3/12?
Sorry for any confusion!

Oh, I was referring to the version that works with the CP (and doesn't require CBP), not the one with its own DLL.
Which one should I use with CP 3/12?
Sorry for any confusion!

(1a) Civ IV Diplomatic Features - CP.

Does not currently support EUI. I am probably in the future going to add a (1b) that is EUI compatible, but this is not on my plans for the immediate future.

Also I'm pretty comfortable with the state of the mod at the moment, so Version 11 release is around the corner! (the previous version of C4DF was Version 10, released almost 3 years ago!)

Oh, I think you got me wrong.
I know that there is a (1a) Civ IV Diplomatic Features CP - version, but only in the downloads folder for the 3/9.

There is no new 1a-version in the 3/12 beta-folder, while the 3/12 changelog says that there were new bugfixes for C4DF.

But the plan about an EUI-version sounds very good. :)

Oh, I think you got me wrong.
I know that there is a (1a) Civ IV Diplomatic Features CP - version, but only in the downloads folder for the 3/9.

There is no new 1a-version in the 3/12 beta-folder, while the 3/12 changelog says that there were new bugfixes for C4DF.

Interesting. I think that's an issue to bring up with Gazebo.

C4DF 1a needs to be added to the installer, and the latest beta releases.

My C4DF standalone was just updated. That mod is not attached to Community Patch at all, but I figured I'd post here just to keep you guys informed that the mod is very close to "full" release date. Community Patch is much harder to maintain because I have CP, CBP, EUI, and non-EUI to worry about. Plus I have a suspicion that a recent CP change caused a bunch of crashes, so it's hard to say if any crashes are related to me or the CP in general atm.

My C4DF standalone was just updated. That mod is not attached to Community Patch at all, but I figured I'd post here just to keep you guys informed that the mod is very close to "full" release date. Community Patch is much harder to maintain because I have CP, CBP, EUI, and non-EUI to worry about. Plus I have a suspicion that a recent CP change caused a bunch of crashes, so it's hard to say if any crashes are related to me or the CP in general atm.

I'm getting zero crashes on the current release CP.

G

I'm getting zero crashes on the current release CP.

G

I've been experiencing some, and I have to go and debug em before I'm comfortable releasing C4DF as a "full" release for CP and CBP. I would anticipate middle of this week for a release. :)

The Maias had 38 delegates at the conference and needed only 36 votes to win but preferred to delegate 26 votes in yourself and 12 votes in another civ ... what logic? I am using the last CBP (3/12).

The Maias had 38 delegates at the conference and needed only 36 votes to win but preferred to delegate 26 votes in yourself and 12 votes in another civ ... what logic? I am using the last CBP (3/12).

Sadly, this does not help me. Is this related to C4DF? If not, you're better off posting in the CBP main beta thread.

I need context behind the issue.

I've been experiencing some, and I have to go and debug em before I'm comfortable releasing C4DF as a "full" release for CP and CBP. I would anticipate middle of this week for a release. :)

If you find any, make sure to report and/or push so I can see and fix.

G

If you find any, make sure to report and/or push so I can see and fix.

G

They seem to happen when I don't have an attached process...

Also I have a few fixes from my cleanup while porting to c4df that need to be pushed... But tomorrow. Today was exhausting.

For anybody who uses CP, CP-C4DF addon, and base EUI (not the CBP-compatible one), I have found the following to be working fine for the latest 3/8 full realease:

Delete the entire LUA folder from CP
Delete the DiploCorner & TopPanel files from the LUA folder in CP-C4DF addon

I haven't investigated whether this works with the latest betas since they all popped up over the weekend and I'm just now discovering them.

For anybody who uses CP, CP-C4DF addon, and base EUI (not the CBP-compatible one), I have found the following to be working fine for the latest 3/8 full realease:

Delete the entire LUA folder from CP
Delete the DiploCorner & TopPanel files from the LUA folder in CP-C4DF addon

I haven't investigated whether this works with the latest betas since they all popped up over the weekend and I'm just now discovering them.

Thanks for sharing!
But why do you delete the whole LUA-folder from the CP, instead of only the conflicting files:

DiploList.lua
ProductionPopup.lua
YieldIconManager.lua/.xml
CityBannerManager.lua

?

Top Bottom