Civilization 4 Install/Uninstall Problem

SkUlLSmAsHeR

Chieftain
Ok i got a long story which leads up to my problem. Yesterday I went out and bought Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword. I came home and put it on my computer and it ran and played awesome. My friend had also bought a copy and we decided to play online. So i signed into my name and i had to auto update. It got the patch but once it started installing it had an error. The installer wouldnt start. No matter what i tried nothing would work. So i thought maybe uninstalling Beyond the Sword would help, but i had the same error uninstall. So i deleted all the files to the game. And it still wouldnt install. So i thought maybe getting rid of the origional Civ 4 would trigger something and it would work. I uninstalled Civ 4 and reinstalled fine. And Beyond the Sword still woundnt work. So i removed Civilization 4. Then i tried to do a System Restore back to earlier to the time when Beyond the Sword wasnt installed. So i tried the install for Beyond the Sword and it worked. I got the game on and i went to start it up and it had all these XML errors. So i figured it was from that system restore i did, because it had to put all the civ 4 files back without the disks. So i uninstalled Beyond the Sword no problem, and i tried to play Civilization 4 and it had a python error on load up. So i went into explore disk and clicked uninstall but that says that i have version 1.74, and to install i need version 1.04, and it said to delete pervious versoin to install again. So i went in to uninstall the game and it had an error. So thats where im stuck. If someone could tell me an alternate way to uninstall a game completely from the computer or anything that could help me get out of the hole i dug it would help a lot!!

if its easier to type add me to xfire,Jarhead7845

ok i was thinking about doing that earlier. But im gonna see if anyone else comes back with anything else. The registry will be my last resort. I also e-mailed firaxis and if they dont e-mail me back by tomorrow this time im gonna go into the reigistry. Any more advice would help!!

ok i was thinking about doing that earlier. But im gonna see if anyone else comes back with anything else. The registry will be my last resort. I also e-mailed firaxis and if they dont e-mail me back by tomorrow this time im gonna go into the reigistry. Any more advice would help!!

^^

Do what I said, just delete all Firaxis and Civilization entries in your regestry, just don't delete anything else.

Top Bottom