Civilization 4?

Forget it, it will be at least 3 or 4 years away. No doubt they're just thinking about the next XP, never mind a whole new game. Sid himself mentioned that there is generally a new version about every 5 years, and Civ III is barely a year and a half old.

It's already out and available for all.

It's called "Civ3 - Double Your Pleasure", by Kal-el. :D

Will there be another expansion for civ3? That'd be great if there would be, and they'd include some more things on modders wishlists, as well as more units and stuff. I'm a sucker, I'd pay again.

Civ4?!? LOL!

For now I would be happy, if the editor would be updated with new stuff like setting diplomatic rules etc. :)

Originally posted by Nder
It's already out and available for all.

It's called "Civ3 - Double Your Pleasure", by Kal-el. :D

Amen to that. The only things that really neds to be added now are a few minor features in the editor, like an events file.

Originally posted by Sa~Craig
Perhaps we should compile a suggestions thread so when they come to making Civ 4 they'll know what we want

like the huge one we made in alt.games.civ2 ? :D

yeah by the time it gets to the time they want to start producing civ 4 we should have a big enough suggestions thread for them to be able to take on board at least 100 good ideas. the question is will they read it

Originally posted by Sa~Craig
they might not bother because you might just get people posting silly suggestions or good suggestions that can't be inplimented

well i think that they are like politicians , they need us but they dont care of what we want.... hopefully that will change someday , right now the only major games done that way are Battlefield 1942 and C&C Generals and both sell really good so hopefully they will learn something.

Originally posted by bombshoo
If they are smart they will.

Actually, there are some Firaxians who are members here at CFC. There have been several threads dedicated to Civ 4 ideas in the past, and it is generally understood that the Firaxians really do take user feedback to heart.

The Firaxians listens to the communities and especially CFC, and the other site.

The Relative searchpaths for example was suggested by Warpstorm, a fellow CFC'er. And many exploit-fixes etc, where done because we posted about them here.

And there has been PLENTY of Civ4-Suggestestion threads, and I started a "ideas for next expansion"-thread not long ago.

Search and you will find ;)

I don't go in for a lot of these "what we want in Civ4" things. It seems to me that a lot of the features that I'm hearing about are to help people win easier. Getting rid of culture-flips and stuff. My take on all of this is that this is how they made the game. They don't often change the rules of Baseball because we don't like them. They don't change the rules for the People's Choice awards just because there is not one person who has ever been contacted and everyone knows it.

These people are not public servants who are required to act as their subjects demand. We are paying for the game, but we don't have to. If I were designing a second version of a game, I wouldn't listen too much to what people want. If the game was successful it is because people like my ideas and there is no reason to believe that they won't like the new ideas in a second version. I may listen to a few well-known people, like some of the more advanced people here, but not the myriad of threads listed on this forum and elsewhere. First, there is too much. Second, as I said before, most of it are people suggesting changes that will help them win easier.

Amen to that, zeeter. Personally, in Civ 4, I'd prefer a game that was functional (not like CTP or CTP2, even though Sid had nothing to do with those), somewhat innovative (if it ain't broke, don't fix it), and most of all, fun.

Top Bottom