1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization 5 ......5 out of 5

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Jughead, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Jughead

Jughead Chieftain

Just wanted to share my thoughts on this game. One word.....AWSOME:D:D:D. I've been playing the cilivization series( 1-5) from the beginning and I enjoyed playing them all, but Civilization 5 has been the best, game play, graphics, battle are just awesome.The game has been very addictive and I love it. There is however a few bugs here and there that a patch or two can correct. I have to give this game a 5 out of 5. Just my two cents worth.:):):):)

2. pennjersey83

pennjersey83 Chieftain

I agree...I'm really tired of people bashing this game....this game deserves a 9/10.....sure there are some bugs that need to be fixed and the AI needs to be more intelligent, but the game is amazing and the patches will make it 10x better.

Civ 4 had 5 years of patches....Civ 5 will be huge in 5 years if they patch this game.

3. BjoernLars

BjoernLars Warlord

I think that the Hex system, 1UPT military system, the reintroduction of the range system, new method of expanding boarders and the introduction of the city-states are great advances in the games that makes the gameplay much more enjoyable.

On the other hand, this game is extremely rough around the edges and needs some balancing and refinement done.

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Hmmm... haven´t gotten a CTD yet I reckon... first Civ ever that gave me one o those. :rolleyes:

You could say that...

5. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

:eek::eek::eek:
    I don't understand how it's possible to cote civV 5out5 on a website called civFANATICS !

Obviously all about this release is not negative but i'm currently playing my third game and i get bored already.
    Actually it looks like civII and even civI in some way... There is nothing new in it. The gameplay will lure a beginner but make laugh a real "civ expert" like me and many others.

Also, it's bugged. Not as civIV was but enough to be noticed. I truly believe the consummers that we are must not accept to be beta testa.

I believe as well that civV will be magnificent when it will be patched and when a couple of extensions will be released.

I cote 2 out 5

6. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

Can you share with us the contact of the person that engaged you? I wouldn't mind some extra income these days. ;)

7. ahcos

ahcos King

yeah, me too pls. ciV is a good game, but not worth the name "civilization". not because of the changes, but because of it's simply not as good as other games.

8. Dorkhan

Dorkhan Chieftain

Curious: difficulty level on Civ4 and on Civ5 + what kind of expansions are you thinking about? or just talking about patches?

Topic: Agree, a good civ to get hooked again ^^
    (Funny, 4 games from start to win, no crashes or anything? What are these bugs people are talking about?)

9. Mivo

Mivo Warlord

It will deserve a 9/10 once these patches and fixes are released. They haven't been released so far, however, and what we currently play, while fun, is not anywhere near a 9/10 or a 5/5, in my opinion.

10. strhopper

strhopper Okie

The bugs are there! Really annoying half way through the game and it crashes! Graphics artifacts every where!

But minus that this a awesome game!!!

11. Mivo

Mivo Warlord

And anyone giving this a 5/5 should really try the MP mode for an hour or so. :)

12. the dark 4s

the dark 4s Chieftain

and i dont understand why they dont rename teh site to cIVfanatics... then all the complaints about ciV would be justified...

:)

13. aukrest

aukrest History Buff

Apparently it's just cool to hate on Civ 5. I enjoy Civ 5 very much.

14. brades

brades Warlord

Let's compare two recent game launches that were highly anticipated. Starcraft 2 and Civ 5. I was able to get a beta key for sc2 around February, my buddy's brother works for blizzard so I was able to get one of the early ones. I played and I played, they had something like 19 patches during beta. Beta in sc2 lasted almost a year. Even moreso than a blizzard fanboy I am a civilization fanboy, so i was watching and waiting for civ 5. Firaxis announces civ 5 a little while ago, immediately I began looking into how I could opt in for a beta test. I would've loved to play civ5 a few months ago and help beta test the crap out of the game to remove the bugs, but as far as I could tell there was no beta (if I am wrong, and you were in it please correct me). So here we are at the release, and what did we all get? We got a beta version of the game, I'm not saying the game won't be great in time, but people shouldn't have to pay to beta test a game.

Where is bhuric and solver and out first unoffical civ 5 patch?? :D

15. mattosika

mattosika Chieftain

If I had a nickel every time someone claims a developer released a "beta game" I'd be able to fix the economy. Listen to most people and out of the hundreds of games released each year 5 are "release worthy" and the rest are "beta versions of games".

16. brades

brades Warlord

I guess im jaded by blizzards awesome quality because I really only play blizzard games, civilization, and simcity 4 rush hour... yes I still play simcity 4.

17. zomg

zomg Chieftain

Great game; the computer ai needs a bit more work, a serious wargamer has no problem rolling it over. But the game mechanics are unmatched, and very, very well thought out. Kudos to mr Shafer.

18. Toshiro126

Toshiro126 Warlord

I wasn't sure the first time I played it, but after spending a (nearly) sleepless weekend playing it, I have to say I think it's terrific. Any of the minor issues I have with it (like the computer AI) I'm sure will be fixed in later patches. And I'm so glad the stacks are gone! Fighting is a lot more interesting now.

19. mattosika

mattosika Chieftain

True but comparing Blizzard to Firaxis is unfair. Blizzard has released what? Maybe 3 games in the last 10 years, not including WoW expansions. They take the time to make really high quality games but release far fewer of them. If all companies took that approach we'd have like 10 games a year.

20. brades

brades Warlord

We'd have 10 awesome games a year, I could live with that. Your point though is lost on me because that would imply firaxis releases a bunch of games as well when they are really on par with blizzard for the amount of games they release and the time between releases.