Civilization 5 - American version and demo unlocked

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter

Since 45 minutes the american version of civilization 5 and the demo for the rest of the world can be played.

The demo contains 3 different civilizations on a small continents map with standard speed. The demo can be played for 100 rounds, all technologies until the middle ages are available.

Size of the demo is between 1 and 4 GB, depending on what you've downloaded before and can be found under steam://install/65900 on steam. You need to have a steam account to play the demo.
Steam is a online distribution service. You don't have to pay for an account there, but you have to create one. Please read the subscriber agreement before you create an account.

For general civilization 5 questions please look into this forum, for technical problems with e.g. steam please into this forum. Please also visit all other forums on civfanatics and have fun :).

Attachments

• civ5logoneu-mod.JPG
    civ5logoneu-mod.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 1,126,107
Ehh... Steam :aargh:
I should have known that the demo will also be Steam only :drool:

Hmm ... so this extra 1 GB that steam is downloading after I already preloaded ... is that the demo, or is that some 20% update to the real game?

I see two play buttons, one is Civ V, one is Civ V (direct X 9) ... is one the real game, and one the demo?

dV

Hmm ... so this extra 1 GB that steam is downloading after I already preloaded ... is that the demo, or is that some 20% update to the real game?

I see two play buttons, one is Civ V, one is Civ V (direct X 9) ... is one the real game, and one the demo?

dV

I've tried both and both tell me my installation is incomplete. :mad:

Ow yes downloading the demo and oh no :( hoping the old computer manages :(

Finally, I felt the last 2 months like 200 years.

The demo size is huge. (3.9gb). I don't like steam but have no choice, so thanks to all who helped to produce the best game in the world civV.

Regards.

Even though it claims you have 150 turns, I just finished playing through the demo with Egypt, and it cut me off at 100 turns. Not bad though.

Even though it claims you have 150 turns, I just finished playing through the demo with Egypt, and it cut me off at 100 turns. Not bad though.
I just completed a domination (take one capital) on a tiny map at settler in just under 100 turns, so you should be able to win the demo at those settings before it quits on you.

dV

da_Vinci said:
I just completed a domination (take one capital) on a tiny map at settler in just under 100 turns, so you should be able to win the demo at those settings before it quits on you.

Can't change the settings in the demo so we're stuck with 6 player continents.

Will the Civ V demo have lan enabled??

We college gamers DEMAND our free-demos to have LAN accessibility! :p

//

or at least some form of multiplayer on the demo ... brings "100 turns rush" a new meaning ;)

Top Bottom