Civilization 5 - Any News?

LordRahl

The Objectivist
Any news when, or even if they are ever going to come out with Civ5?

Please don't say that word, must repress any obsessions I might have....

Can't stand it... GARH!

I got Civ4 when it first came out, I played it for a year or so, and got tired of it. Never got into mods, or expansions. I checked out the console version, and it just wasn't my cup of tea.
Basically, I want something brand new. Was Colonization any good?

Have you played Civ III? I consider that (with conquests expansion) the best Civ game so far......

Have you played Civ III? I consider that (with conquests expansion) the best Civ game so far......

Got that one as well - it was great back in 2002, but 7 years later it just looks, and "plays" dated.

I liked CIV 3 at first but got bored of it and went back to playing SMAC.

I would like them to make SMAC 2 first before CIV 5. Imagine SMAC with all the gameplay improvements of CIV 4. And better-than-CIV 4 graphics. And a SMAC 2 BUG mod (SMAC2UG?). And a SMAC 2 Better AI. Now that would be fun...

Most people consider it the worst.

Wouldn't call it the worst, but I admit the only thing I remember about CivIII was having to find saltpetre to be able to use gunpowder weapons.

CivII was fun, build caravans to rush wonders at will, railroad for unlimited movement (tank/howitzer rush?). Some of the wonders were amazing - bring back Leonardos workshop, and at least one other, one gave free or discounted upgrades to all your units :)

Got enough gold? Spy enters main military production city of nearest enemy - 'Please join our empire instead, here's 2000 gold.' - 'Ok' :king:

I'd recommend trying the Fall From Heaven 2 mod if magic and dark fantasy interests you.

I try to play Civ3,but the way it scores my diplo and culture wins really bugs me...

I have a huge empire and still am Pathethic in the eyes of history.....

I bet Civ 5 will be out by 2011 or 2012....

I don't know about everyone else here, but for right now I'm pretty content with BtS.

I'm just now feeling like I have a handle on IV after 3 years of playing. There is so much more to IV than the previous versions of civ. I'm good for another couple of years with IV ;)

idk i started trying out mods lately and i spent like a good month playing solely rhyes and fall of civilization, i think with mods i might last like half a year, a year at most but I REALLY REALLY want Civ5 noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. so badlly!!!

Try a RevolutionDCM based mod, it'll feel like an entire new expansion pack. However long BtS satisfied you for, a RevDCM based mod will do the same. My reccomendation would be WolfRevolution or Rise of Mankind, depending on what you are looking for.

I just hope that Civilization 5 surpasses (exceeds my expectations) or is slightly equal to (still great) Civilization 4. I enjoy Civilization 4 so much. But that doesn't mean I don't play Civ I for the SNES every once in a while.

Top Bottom