1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization 5 suddenly starts to crash

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by eurirusty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. eurirusty

eurirusty Chieftain

Every time I use a mod with civilization 5, it crashes. It works fine in vanilla mode, but not if your using a mod. I have tried everything I could think of to try and correct the issue. Uninstalled game, re-installed game, removed all my mods and reloaded them. Nothing seems to work.

2. eurirusty

eurirusty Chieftain

I have but in over 3800 hrs playing Civilization V. Within the past month, MODS just stopped working in the game. I have gone through all of the suggested fixes, but to no avail. I can play a "clean" game without any difficulty. I can also play with R.E.D. Modpack, but that's it. I couldn't explain what was happening. I went to Steam and ran "Determine integrity of game files" it returns an error saying "3 files could not be verifified". I ran that command after the system "locks up" which requires me to Restart my PC. I ran the "Determine intergrity of files" again and everything is ok. Except that I still cannot run CIV 5 with any MODS (except for the one noted above). I am sat a loss as to what to do. Any input would be appreciated.

3. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

Are you uninstalling the game through Steam? If not, please do so (Steam ==> Library ==> Right-click Sid Meier's Civilization 5 ==> Uninstall and follow the rest of the instructions). Afterwards, make sure that all files in Documents, My Games, Sid Meier's Civilization 5 have been deleted. Then reinstall the game and exactly one of the mods that causes a problem. What happens then?

4. eurirusty

eurirusty Chieftain

Well, yes I did uninstall and reinstall., but to no avail. However, I did not delete all file in the Documents, My Games, Sid Meier's Civilization 5. I will follow these instructions to see if that works. Thanks for replying to my message. Even though I play Civ 6 (especially now that the Art Director from 2K made the MOD to change the terrain to make it more like CIV 5, I still like CIV 5.)

5. eurirusty

eurirusty Chieftain

Thanks so much. I did what I was told to do and it works now with more than one mod. I haven't a clue how it got that way, but now it is fixed. Thanks again.

6. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

Glad to hear that you're up and running!