Civilization 5 - worldwide launch

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter

Civilization 5 is now worldwide for every player available.
We hope everyone will have fun with the newest part of the series.
All forums at civfanatics are ready for discussion and waiting for new members to participate.
Please visit the general discussion for basic questions and get deeper insight in the strategy forum.
Also already the first mods are online and can be found in the creation & customization forum, the first multiplayer games are waiting for new players in the MP forum and we also already have the first stories to read here.
If you have problems with the installation, come to tech support and report later the bugs in the bug forum.

CivFanatics wishes happy civving to all the players worldwide :).

I'll probably pick up a copy on my way home from work tonight, but am still playing a Civ4 Diplomacy game at the moment-so I won't be playing Civ5 to death the way I did when Civ4 first came out ;)!

Aussie.

After playing since 1am for 5 hours, time to clock some sleep so I can continue later today.
I have a grand game on my "hands" atm :D and ain't worth to lose it because I'm half asleep and my eyes are full of water.

Just when Caesar and Elizabeth declared war on me, along with a handful of city states. While four other city states allied with me and declared war to the lot.

I wonder the other 8 civ will do now........... :D (one note Ramesses was kicked out of the game around 200 AD). :)

And while writing this message the alarm came on as supposed to be a normal working day, lol. (at least I have the day off).

ps Prince, random huge map (archipelago it seems), marathon, playing with Japan.

Amazon in France is having terrible delays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Preordering is a cheat !!!! JC, I paid it in July because I wanted to have it As Early As Possible!!!!
Is it available in Stores? Virgin for example ?

Update
I just bought it from a Virgin store. I'm playing tonight!!!!!! can't wait, but I'm at work and won't leave before 6pm !!! I hope install and every thing will go well so I'll play tonight!!

I'm heading out on my lunch break in an hour to a toy store so I can buy it. I couldn't be more excited.

Pre-ordered from Play.com and the order status is still down as "Packing", which means I probably won't get the game until Monday. Seriously unimpressed as this isn't the first time I've pre-ordered something from them and then failed to get it on release date (though it will be the last...). Anyone else had delays with Play.com?

V day is here! :ar15:

I'm so sad that civ 5 isn't avaible in Croatia :(. But, I have school tomorrow (yes, on Saturday). It happened right now when civ should come out. But, mybe I'll get it tomorrow and play it after a really hard week (pray with me :D)

As I said elsewhere, am really, *really* sad that the game is so hideously expensive over here. Why do the publishers seek to gouge their Australian customers so much? Oh well, have to make do with the Demo for the time being.

Aussie.

Yay!

So far so good. Good fun, but just lost a war :(

We live and learn...

As I said elsewhere, am really, *really* sad that the game is so hideously expensive over here. Why do the publishers seek to gouge their Australian customers so much? Oh well, have to make do with the Demo for the time being.

Aussie.

Hey Aussie, long time since we played MP.

Check out ozgameshop.com for CIV5, $39.99 with free shipping.
It is the U.S. version of the game, sold in Australia, and in Australian dollars, cheaper then they can get in U.S.... :)

...Jungle

Hey Aussie, long time since we played MP.

Check out ozgameshop.com for CIV5, $39.99 with free shipping.
It is the U.S. version of the game, sold in Australia, and in Australian dollars, cheaper then they can get in U.S.... :)

...Jungle

Thanks for that :). Do you know if they take Netbank transactions, or is it Credit/Debit card only? If the latter, then I'd better get off my backside & get one ;).

Aussie.

Pre-ordered from Play.com and the order status is still down as "Packing", which means I probably won't get the game until Monday. Seriously unimpressed as this isn't the first time I've pre-ordered something from them and then failed to get it on release date (though it will be the last...). Anyone else had delays with Play.com?

That sucks. I got mine on Friday pre order from play.com, UK. Hope it arrives soon. I think they promised arrival by Monday if i can recall.

It's a great game, but taking some getting used to for sure - in Civ 4 i just had a few stacks situated around my empire with roads/railway to connect them so you could move a stack anywhere at any one time. With no stacks, the approach now needs to be completely different and alot more planning and attention paid to where you position your units, especially since roads now incur maintenance. In terms of micromanagement of military, I'm finding this a bit of a challenge - finding out 'oh crap, that's going to take 4 turns to that city!' when invaded for instance :crazyeye:.

Top Bottom