Civilization 5

Warspite2

Prince
I know this has been mentioned many of times but I have not seen it in a while so I am reopening this can of worms. :lol: Is Firaxis planning on a CIV5 or will we see another expansion for CIV4 first? I do think CIV4 could use one more expansion. The others had 2 expansions, so maybe 1 more here, then a CIV5.

Not so soon. I haven't experience Vista...

Regards,
Arto.

Firaxis has announced there will be 2 expansions for Civ 4, one is already done, so that means 1 to go. I think the most realistic chance for seeing Civilization 5 will be in 2011-2012.

AlCosta said:
Firaxis has announced there will be 2 expansions for Civ 4, one is already done, so that means 1 to go. I think the most realistic chance for seeing Civilization 5 will be in 2011-2012.

Hmm. But the world is going to end in 2012. Everyone knows that.

So it's a good thing the second expansion for Civ4 will be coming out before then ;)

Moderator Action: Thread moved.

Civ1 came out in '91. Civ2 in '96. Civ3 in '01. Civ4 in '05. So, by that pattern, we can estimate that Civ5 will come somewhere around '09-'10.

Or not. Who knows?

@ Willowmound: "But the world is going to end in 2012. Everyone knows that."

No, the World ends in 2050. Every Civ4 Player knows that.:old:

Hehehe... I can imagine god pressing the "Just... One... More... Turn..." button...

Hehehe... I can imagine god pressing the "Just... One... More... Turn..." button...

Yeah... I think it's like, every year the apocalypse might come, but he's still like: oh well, let's see if the Simpsons end. If they quit, I quit. Come on, they're bound to some time? And now he's been waiting for them to quit for so long he's hooked on some drama series that he just has to know how it will end. But of course it won't... like LOST for example. You think they're prolonging it so much to get more money out of us? Nah, just trying to keep the lord almighty entertained for a couple more years.

anyway, back on topic. How many more civ editions until we run out of oil? That's the more essential question I think. Because unless that whole fusion thing works out we'll all be playing chess, risk and, god forbid, stratego again before 2050...

No, in 2050 the first robot is built and the space travel discovered. According to Isaac Asimov, that is. Be optimistic.

As to Civ5, I'm sure it will be marvellous and totally revolutionizing the series, especially if it uses my ideas as I think it will do. :)

If Civ 5 doesnt have 'pretty graphics' and 'you can only have 3 cities before you cant research anymore so ha!' then I will be happy with it/

Any civ game is good as long as its better then the last, but civ3 & 4 where just different.

I Would love to have more Civics option thats is a must

Top Bottom