Civilization 6 comes to XBOX Game Pass! (March 16)

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
I don't see that anyone has posted this yesterday, so gotta do it myself:
Fqn1D7JWcAMHofX.png

Microsoft has announced that Civ6 will come to the XBOX Game pass.
On March 16 you'll be able to play Civ6 on the XBOX if you're a subscriber to the XBOX Game pass.
The XBOX game pass is a paid cloud service by Microsoft, allowing you to stream games to consoles, phones and your PC. Games included in the pass are free to all subscribers.
This means that Civ6 will soon be available to a wider audience.
We're looking forward to then also welcome new first-time civ players to the CFC community.

It has not been announced if all addons and DLC will be included.

Seems this is PC Gamepass only, or is it also console?

Can anyone confirm which version is running on cloud?
Can cloud version do crossplay with either xbox or steam version so you could play simultaneous turns in the same household with only one gaming device?

Can anyone confirm which version is running on cloud?
Can cloud version do crossplay with either xbox or steam version so you could play simultaneous turns in the same household with only one gaming device?
Given Aspyr's stubbornness with even providing fixes for the game and some of those fixes do affect how the game progresses, as well as denying outright new content, then it's most likely that the Xbox will only play the Xbox one and PC one will only play the PC one, and that no, you won't be able simultaneously.

I mean, I hope I'm wrong about that, but that's the most likely outcome. The only way it wouldn't work like that is if the Xbox can play PC games directly without modification and if the licence terms allows Firaxis to do it (while the former is not something I'm aware of, the latter is very likely to be too restrictive to allow it).

Microsoft has announced that Civ6 will come to the XBOX Game pass.
On March 16 you'll be able to play Civ6 on the XBOX if you're a subscriber to the XBOX Game pass.

I think the XBOX Game Pass is the reason we are getting bug fixes (particularly to NFP game modes) 😏

Seems like Firaxis new CEO has decided to push Civ VI instead of Marvel's Midnight Suns (MMS) on XBOX Game Pass.
TBH though Marvel's Midnight Suns is an awesome game!

It's on Spring Sales.
So I bought the Season Pass and am playing Deadpool DLC now.
Really MMS is mind bogglingly good. I see why Firaxis had pinned its hopes on it...though perhaps sadly misplaced given the $$ numbers 😥

Top Bottom