[NFP] Civilization 6 February Update

What are you looking forward to most in the February Patch?

• Barbarian Clans Mode

• Improvements to A.I. Handling of Aircraft

• Leader Selection Pool

• Natural Wonder Reworks and Rebalance

• Government Policy Card Slot Changes

Results are only viewable after voting.
I too can confirm it is a game mode using my inner instinct.

1: Oligarchy and Autocracy Policy Card Slots are now switched.
2: Choosing Monarchy now gives +2 Diplomatic Favor for every Renaissance Walls built in your Empire.
3: Craftsmanship is now a Military Policy Card.
4: Colonial Offices and Taxes are now Diplomatic Policies.

Spoiler :
upload_2021-2-24_21-51-27.png

From this picture it seems, that AI is better at improving their resources :)!

I'd just like to mention how well Craftsmanship (+100% industrial zone adjacency bonuses) now being a military policy synergizes with Germany. That free military policy slot now has something it should be running 100% of the time.

Oh geez, yeah, hadn't realized that. I'm definitely curious to see how that will rebalance things. Unfortunately, by the time you get Fascism, the combo IZ+Campus card is still economic, but now that the IZ card doesn't conflict with the econ ones, that definitely impacts how to run.

Hmm, it sounds to me that the City-State generation is still limited by the max set in the game setup.

EDIT: Nevermind, misunderstood it, you presumably set it up by determining the size of your pool or they go for as many CS as there exist in the game If no pool is specified.

Hmm, it sounds to me that the City-State generation is still limited by the max set in the game setup.

Maybe I misunderstand you here, but is that possible? Wouldn't that mean that tribe-to-CS is only possible if a CS gets razed? Because if I set X CSs in the setup, all of them will get played at the start...?

1: Oligarchy and Autocracy Policy Card Slots are now switched.
2: Choosing Monarchy now gives +2 Diplomatic Favor for every Renaissance Walls built in your Empire.
3: Craftsmanship is now a Military Policy Card.
4: Colonial Offices and Taxes are now Diplomatic Policies.
Not sure how I feel about the Oligarchy and Autocracy changes. Oligarchy was sometimes my go to because of balanced cards, but now it might seem too militaristic for me to choose often. Though if craftsmanship is now an early game military one that helps.
The monarchy change was welcomed.

It looks like Monarchy gets a major boost. One military card converted into a wildcard better reflects the whim of the monarch imo, that alone makes this government much more attractive, and 2 DF per Renaissance walls? Just keep taking those capitals and still have a say in the WC.

Not sure how I feel about the Oligarchy and Autocracy changes. Oligarchy was sometimes my go to because of balanced cards, but now it might seem too militaristic for me to choose often.
Honestly, it makes more sense given the Government Bonuses. More Military Policy Card Slots in a Militarily-focused Government is a no-brainer.

Maybe I misunderstand you here, but is that possible? Wouldn't that mean that tribe-to-CS is only possible if a CS gets razed? Because if I set X CSs in the setup, all of them will get played at the start...?

Correct, I misunderstood what they meant.

Once again, I'll say it: Georgia's Diplomacy game has just been boosted with the changes to Monarchy.

Honestly, it makes more sense given the Government Bonuses. More Military Policy Card Slots in a Militarily-focused Government is a no-brainer.
Maybe, but to me it's probably going to become the new monarchy. The one I might never pick. :p

I liked the choice between autocracy with two militaristic slots but no militaristic bonuses, and oligarchy with balanced policy slots and military bonuses.

Not sure how I feel about the Oligarchy and Autocracy changes. Oligarchy was sometimes my go to because of balanced cards, but now it might seem too militaristic for me to choose often.
On the other hand I'm thrilled that I will situationally be able to choose Autocracy instead of always choosing Classical Republic. :p

From this picture it seems, that AI is better at improving their resources :)!

Haven't played the mode myself, but from what I could read here it was actually only when the economy mode was activated that the AI broke down on improving ressources? If that is correct, it might be too soon to celebrate based on this stream.

On the other hand I'm thrilled that I will situationally be able to choose Autocracy instead of always choosing Classical Republic. :p

Yeah, I think it's going to be a closer choice now. 2/4 military slots early is very tough if you're not going heavy war, but now you have 2 options with slight variations in how they run economies. And I find I can almost always want one military spot - especially early, often times I might end up running God King in an econ slot just because I have nothing else worthwhile. Or I get the annoying case where I want a military card, but have to use up my wildcard slot for it in Classical Republic.

Is the patch/patch note out yet ?

Top Bottom