[NFP] Civilization 6 February Update

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Duke William of Normandy, Feb 16, 2021.

?

What are you looking forward to most in the February Patch?

1. Barbarian Clans Mode

2. Improvements to A.I. Handling of Aircraft

3. Leader Selection Pool

4. Natural Wonder Reworks and Rebalance

5. Government Policy Card Slot Changes

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Fabiano79

Fabiano79 Prince

Tomorrow? I thought it would be release today, Thursday 25th.

2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

I should have been more specific. At the time of my posting, here locally it was tomorrow. ;) Now it's today, so yes, Thursday 2/25 @ 12pm EST - a little over 6 hours from now.

3. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

Just to clarify, the limit of of Barbs-to-CSs is not the number of CS set at the beginning. My understanding is that it will be limited to the number of CS in the pool of potential CSs, so if you have 5 CSs as a starting condition that are chosen from a pool of 10 CSs (limited by the CS picker), then you could have up to 5 Barb clans upgrade to a CS on top of the original 5 CSs for a grand total of 10 CSs.

1. If a clan is wiped out, say by Gilgamesh using his ability, is that clan permanently wiped out or can they pop up again later, like Barbs do now?
    2. Do we get generic Barbs as well? More relevant if they do get wiped out I guess, because only 6 camps would be a bit sparse...
    3. Is there a timer as well? Or will it just be if we interact with them that the meter will grow? If not, O hope they program the AI to interact with them so that it's not just me.
    4. Do we know the time scale for them to become CSs? I wonder how likely it will be that I'll never actually see a Barb because they have converted before I get there.
    5. Is the CS picker the only limit on how many Barbs can become CSs? Ie, if I don't mess with it, I could, in theory, end up with 48 CSs?

4. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

Correct.

1 & 2 - Barb Camps still spawn just like in the base game, along with generic units. UUs are just an additional possibility.
    3 - There's a passive growth to the conversion meter based on the food values surrounding the camp.
    4 - Definitively, no. From the videos in looks like the base turns for Quick was around 20 turns & Standard was 50 turns. This will increase or decrease with how they're interacted with.
    5 - In theory yes, but highly unlikely that that many Camps would remain long enough to actually convert, unless you roll a map with a ton of open spaces.

5. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I do love the idea of how you can just set 0 city-states as a starting condition and let city-states evolve from barbarians every game. :)

6. Oswald Bastable

Oswald Bastable Chieftain

I like this idea too, but need to wait and see how the AI handles it.

7. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

I just loaded a game with the new update... set the CS to 12 on a standard map, but left the pool all-inclusive for random city states to develop from barbs. Must have misunderstood how to set this up, because I have both Mohengo-Daro and Cardiff spawned on top of me...

8. Nerevatar

Nerevatar Warlord

You should set the number of CS to 0. Rest was correct.

9. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Yeah if you set it up with 12 city states at the start, 12 city- states will spawn at the start of the game as normal. If you don’t want city states to start on turn one set it to 0.

10. CivGumby

CivGumby Chieftain

Hi, I am looking at the Leader Pool implementation. They suggest in the announcement that there is a way to randomize leader properties (agendas, tendencies, behaviors), but I don't see how.
    (I remember a previous version of civX in which we could select to have all leader traits randomized so that we could not predict their behavior just by knowing who they are.
    How does the Leader pool lead to greater randomization?

(otherwise everything looks swell - Good show Fireaxis!)

11. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I think they mean that more as in "you can select your leader pool with all aggressive warmongers" and force them into (or out of) your game. I don't think there's any presets related to that.

8housesofelixir likes this.
  12. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt King

Holy crap Germany is even more of a monster now if left undisturbed

Again fairly historical

Jeppetto and Hellenism Salesman like this.