1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization BE Funny / Interesting Screenshots

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by bhavv, Oct 28, 2014.

1. sprang

sprang Warlord

...and if he's not going purity, why all the terrascapes (but no other improvements)? That's just dumb.

2. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Dun dun dun I'm exploring the world void of bugs dun gun.. oh two ruined settlements together! o.o

Spoiler :

As I enter this derelict settlement to explore.... with forest out of the way, I see..

THIRD DERELICT SETTLEMENT! o.o I there was a great battle that took place here!

Spoiler :

3. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

The aliens are evolving.

And no, that ain't a trade route :p

Attached Files:

4. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Oh no! It's Harmacy affinity! They build Alien Cyborgs!

5. Manannan

Manannan Prince

More a lake dragon than a sea dragon.

Spoiler :

Edit: of course someone already posted this type of thing happening. Whoops. Oh well, I don't care, I'm posting it again!

6. edingess

edingess Warlord

LOL huh? Why is a civ without a single supremacy point fielding CNDRs?

Attached Files:

7. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

Stolen defectors, maybe? I didn't know AI's could do that. Good, if they can.

8. Halbbruder

Halbbruder Prince

I think it spawned there because of a nest. Perhaps the poster could verify that. I've had lake dragons before and it's usually because there is a nest next to a lake.

9. Manannan

Manannan Prince

I don't think defectors can be from affinities the sponsor doesn't have. At least, I think that's how that's SUPPOSED to work. Has to be a bug, no?

If I recall correctly (it's an old screenshot, memory fuzzy) there was a nest 3 or 4 tiles west of that lake, but it was completely landlocked so I'm a bit befuddled that it decided to pop a sea dragon a few tiles away when there must have been space fewer tiles away to pop a terrestrial alien. My theory is that it was spawned there at the start of the game, and has been swimming around in it's pond the entire time, but I guess we'll never know.

10. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

That would make sense. I have stolen units I don't have the resources for and could still use them, though. I thought that was weird. I think some were UU's, but I'm not positive. I'll watch to see if it happens again, especially with the patch out now.

11. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

In Civ5 you could use units with your resources going below zero (i.e. if you lose the resource i war), but their strength is halved. I assume that's the case for CivBE as well.

12. Juanholio

Juanholio Warlord

Oh no! Barre is only one conquest away from victory! Hang on, I own pretty much the entire map. Didn't they fix the captals thing in CiV, or are we back to being able to win domination by sniping the runaway winner's capital?

Attached Files:

13. forty2j

forty2j King

"Total domination" is an option in both games. The default in both games in Capitals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Ryoga

Ryoga King

In Civ V BNW you need to own all the original capitals to win, in Civ BE you just need to be the only one still owning his original capital.

For example, hypothetically, in a multiplayer game where the human players have eliminated all but one AI, could reach the hilarious situation where they both lose by taking each other original capitals. the AI would win even if it did nothing the whole game.

If you want Domination to work like in BNW or other conditions you can check my True Domination (and more) mod.

15. forty2j

forty2j King

Ah, domination comes up so rarely in my games I didn't notice there was a difference.

So much of what BE borrowed from CiV seems to be early vanilla that it wouldn't surprise me if this is too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Atrocity

Atrocity Chieftain

A real Xeno Swarm (Pre-patch).
    Spoiler :