1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization: Beyond Earth's creators are fixing their biggest mistakes

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Ari Rahikkala, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mozzington

Mozzington Prince

I said it before release and I will say it again now, kids. They put it in the hands of kids. The younger devs of today are what we call the millennials. They are not as hungry, ambitious or frankly as intelligent. What did everybody expect.

2. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

How exactly did the intelligence of developers drop between generations?

3. Mozzington

Mozzington Prince

I told you above, it's a millennials thing. Society in general (apart from the select few genius') is in regression.

Certainly in my country we live in times where everything is handed to them for nothing and you don't have to work to get a house, car, best tele, playstation etc. The hunger and passion isn't there like it was for young guys in the 80's for example.

That's how I see it in general. Don't get me wrong the people at the very top are smarter of course but I'm talking the general populace and I blame Firaxis for it all! ;)

4. Ryika

The overall average IQ in developed countries has dropped by 1-2 IQ-points in the last 20 years, you still haven't explained how you think that specifically pc-developers have dropped so significantly that it's worth describing them as "less intelligent".

5. Mozzington

Mozzington Prince

I'm talking about these two who headed up our little project here but we are getting off topic and I'll say it again. They are both millennials. Case closed in this instance.

6. Ryika

Millennials are still not noticeable less intelligent than the generations before them.

7. Acken

Acken Deity

That is an interesting development of this thread.

8. Mozzington

Mozzington Prince

Thanks.

9. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Moderator Action: Looks like the topic described in the title has run its course.
    If you wish to discuss IQ across generations, please take it to the off topic forums.
    Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.