1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization: Call To Power Linux (loki ver)

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by Canadian Bluebeer, May 7, 2017.

1. Canadian Bluebeer

Canadian Bluebeer Chieftain

Made a vid on how to install it under Ubuntu 16.04

Game plays, sound works, music does NOT. :(

Spent all day over the sound, and it turned out to be pretty simple really.

osspd was the missing link. That gives you the /dev/dsp you need

Otherwise, manual install and whatnot worked fine.

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2223741

Start there. Follow the directions. The step 8 and the update.sh wasn't required for me.

Then make sure you've got osspd installed, it's in the main repositories. Synaptic found it no prob.

If sound doesn't work right away, then check this:

http://faqs.lokigames.com/ctpfaq.html

There is an error in the export line though (still won't work for music)

is my vid of it.

(no I don't make money off it, I just spent a buncha time trying to get it to work and couldn't find a single spot that had all the bits together. If posting the link is not allowed, then my apologies, just trying to help others. Moderators can then remove it of course)

ps. had to create a new account, since I haven't used the old one in so long, I don't have that email addr anymore. (no more using the cableco emails. heh)
    :)