Civilization Chronicles Civ II corrupt saves

Unleaded_Fuel

Chieftain
Hi,

I've just gotten the Civ Chronicles collection and the saves for Civ II MGE crash the game when I load them and when I load a ToT game, the colours go weird? I've got a P4, 1 gig Ram, 256 X850XT and Win XP Pro SP2 and I've searched all the troubleshooting and can't find a sollution? Anyone know how to fix this?

I just solved it. All I did was remove the Indeo video drivers and reinstall Civ II without the Indeo drivers and it works fine :confused:

I also got the Civ Chronicles collection. The saves for Civ II MGE seem to work fine, but ToT saves crash. I get a - Error "-5" in module "3" data: 67 0 - message.

How do you uninstall the drivers, and is there a way around having to uninstall them.

That's not a problem related to the drivers.

That's a problem with the rules.txt. More specifically, line 68 of the @IMPROVE section (that's the last line, with Cure for Cancer on it).

I'm guessing you're either saving your game in the wrong folder, or you edited the rules.txt and missed a comma or something somewhere.

Make sure you save your game in the correct ToT subfolder! Original games go in the "Original" folder, etc. If you don't, things will screw up.

If you didn't edit anything, and are saving your games in the right place, try applying the v1.1 patch (see the Civ2 downloads here).. That'll need some work, though, because the ToT install of Chronicles is faulty and can't be patched normally. You can find a fix here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=5088138#post5088138

Thanks, Mercator;

It was saved in the wrong folder. After I moved it, it loaded fine. I assumed it would automatically save to the right location. That kind of stinks. I'll have to watch out for that.

Hello,

I had a problem loading a saved game in Civ Chronicles: Civ II: TOT and realized from the advice above that it was in the wrong folder. Moved it, and then it would load. However the graphics are all messed up. So I uninstalled the game, reinstalled the game, and canceled the indeo drivers as suggested above. Didn't fix it. So then I downloaded and applied the Civ Chronicles patch found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8534

Open TOT load the saved game, same graphics glitches. Anyone know how to fix this? Also if I load the saved game from within the start of a new game it crashes.

What do you call graphic glitches? ToT is well-known for its ugly graphics...

Well I figured it out. Originally my saved game was in the Mutiplayer Gold directory. After moving it to the Test of Time directory it would at least load, but what I needed to do was put it in the Original directory under the Test of Time directory (since I was playing an original game). I didn't realize that mattered from the post above. After putting it in the right location it works just fine. Maybe this will be of some help to someone else who like me has just discovered Civilization through the Chronicles pack.

Top Bottom