Civilization Colors

zarakand

Prince
As much as I enjoy this MOD, I hate the fact that the default Civ colors have changed. While there might be a valid argument to be made regarding accuracy, aesthetic, etc. as to why the colors have changed it simply is annoying.

I hate the extra effort it takes to reorient myself and not be able to glance at the mini-map to make snap decisions based upon the color scheme I've been used to for years.

Now I know I'm being picky :D and that this really is a minor complaint but is there a way to revert back to the original colors for civilizations?

I'll consider changing the default BtS civs back to their normal colors in version 0.9.9. That would make sense to do I suppose, just never really thought about it. For the record the player colors are defined for the civilizations in the CivilizationsInfos xml file, and the colors themselves are defined in the PlayerColorInfos xml file; you could compare these to what they are in BtS and set them back accordingly yourself if it bothers you, should be pretty simple to do, but would probably be a little tedious.

I'll consider changing the default BtS civs back to their normal colors in version 0.9.9. That would make sense to do I suppose, just never really thought about it. For the record the player colors are defined for the civilizations in the CivilizationsInfos xml file, and the colors themselves are defined in the PlayerColorInfos xml file; you could compare these to what they are in BtS and set them back accordingly yourself if it bothers you, should be pretty simple to do, but would probably be a little tedious.

Thanks! I appreciate you considering it for the next release, even though it is a tedious task. If it comes at the expense of fixing multiplayer though...forget about it!

I'm eagerly waiting the fix to MP as a couple buddies and I regularly play CIV and all love this mod.

Did it for you, since I already had my stuff open. :) Extract the attachment to LoR\Assets\Modules, and let it overwrite MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml when it asks.

Personally, I don't mind the new colors except for the gray. No civ should be gray, because it's WAY too hard to see.

Attachments

• OriginalCivColors.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 120
Thank you so much! You guys are amazing, I love the Civ community. I wish I could give something back besides my playing time. I tell ya, if Firaxis ever allows Modders to start selling their Mods in a small app store, I'd buy :)

Top Bottom