Civilization II MGE User Interface Additions (CIV2UIA)

Lord_Hill

Chieftain
Well done @FoxAhead on finally solving one of the oldest civ 2 mysteries by finally figuring out the attitude bug completely! What a great tool, wouldn't dream of playing MGE without it :)

Kaiser0985

Chieftain
New version 1.20 (build 707).
This time something special.
44. Finally fixed AI attitude calculation. Due to the uninitialized variable, every turn the attitude of the AI changed to the minimum, which made the AI very aggressive towards the player. This bug turned out to be so obvious that it was decided to completely remove the option to enable the fix. This bug is fixed by default without any options.
Unlike the previous version of the patch, which originated somewhere in the deep history of this forum, and which completely cut off the change in the attitude, now the calculation of the attitude should be performed as it was intended by the algorithm.

Download
https://github.com/FoxAhead/Civ2-UI-Additions/releases/tag/v1.20
Can't believe it, It was the most annoying feature of the game and after 25 years you solved it? I am gonna try a new game, if it works I'll make you a bronze with your name :love:

FoxAhead

Warlord
Last edited:

Blake00

CFC Archivist & Social Media Helper
Supporter
Just finally tried your latest version and wow mate.. so much good stuff.. I love all the advisor screen improvements with the icons and stretchable windows.. I love how you can shrink the sidebar but the minimap stays vertically big for larger maps (eg below is me playing that super earth map I found a while back). Love the tooltips on units and cities.. so friggin good.

1659259882535.png

I was a bit worried about whether the shrunken side bar would mess with custom interfaces like the one we use in the HoMM mod but I can see everything looks fine still! I was also curious to see if your tool tips box was taking it's background pattern from the usual place in the icons gif file but I'm guessing it's not as it stayed grey and didn't change, not that it really matters haha! It's picked up my building and resource icons from my custom icons file though which is good.

1659260367680.png

Btw I noticed you haven't updated your feature list within the mod itself as it's still the same list as the old version. You gotta add all your new and AMAZING stuff you listed here into there mate haha.
1659258634001.png

Any chance you'll be including your below city radius borders as an optional tickbox in the future? I know you wanted to make it better and not show hidden/undiscovered cities, however honestly what you got it to here is good enough for me and I'm sure it'll be more than enough for others too. :) Especially as when I think of some of those similar era early civ border games (eg SMAC, CTP1&2, FreeCiv, Civ3) I'm pretty sure 1 or 2 of them actually showed borders for hidden/undiscovered cities too so even the pros couldn't do any better sometimes haha!
There is another field 'City radii'. Here is visualization. But, again, it reveals cities hidden from the player.

Last edited:

darbyjack

Chieftain
Just wanted to say thank you. I've been using this for years. At this point, it is an essential piece of software for anyone wanting to play Civ 2 today.

For some reason, my antivirus is blocking the download of the zip file (Avast). It's not even giving me a warning, the web browsers just give generic "Failed - network error" message.

Edit: also the exe was deleted a moment ago, I'm assuming Avast did that. Not had this issue before strangely enough. Something must be triggering a false positive.

Last edited:

FoxAhead

Warlord
my antivirus is blocking the download of the zip file (Avast)
I will send this files for reanalysis as false positive to the Avast but that will take time. Also check your signature base is up to date. Also I'm not sure that next release I'l have to do this again as my program uses "suspicious" technique called dll-injection.

Top Bottom