1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization IV: 2010

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by allypower, Apr 23, 2012.

1. allypower

allypower Warlord

This is a mod / scenario that I've been making since 2010. I guess I would like to make a thread for it just in case I need to release as well some help.

The story: since Civilization 2 Test of Time, I've been trying to incorporate a few new futuristic units from Xenogears into the Civilization game. In 2009 I've finally sat down to make the models to use in Civilization 4 and finally able to incorporate them into a modern world setting. While I don't plan to release this particular scenario nor the resource files associated with Xenogears models since I will be using them for a Xenogears Remake, I think it is possible to extract the modern civilizations from this and compile it into another scenario to share with everyone.

Release date: TBA

I will be adding more information here as a development thread.

Civilizations: There are 50 right now, but the first 3 will be removed upon the release version.
    Spoiler :

1. Ignas - force from Xenogears
    2. Mithril - a mercenary force in Full Metal Panic
    3. Amalgam - a terrorist force in Full Metal Panic

4. Algeria
    5. Argentina
    6. Australia
    7. Bolivia
    8. Brazil
    9. Canada
    10. Central Africa
    11. Chile
    12. China
    13. Colombia
    14. Congo
    15. Costa Rica
    16. Cuba
    17. Egypt
    18. France
    19. Germany
    20. Greece
    21. India
    22. Indonesia
    23. Iran
    24. Iraq
    25. Israel
    26. Italy
    27. Japan
    28. Kazakhstan
    29. Mali
    30. Mexico
    31. Mongolia
    32. New Zealnd
    33. Nigeria
    34. North Korea
    35. Pakistan
    36. Poland
    37. Russia
    38. Saudi Arabia
    39. South Africa
    40. South Korea
    41. Spain
    42. Sweden
    43. Thailand
    44. Turkey
    45. Uganda
    46. Ukraine
    47. United Kingdom
    48. United States
    49. Venezuela
    50. Vietnam

Screenshots:

Globe views

Spoiler :

Civilization list with their seals
    Spoiler :

Coroporation
    Spoiler :

The following units are currently present but won't be released. There will be others flavors of modern units.
    Spoiler :

I might incorporate technologies / units from Next War sometimes in the future, but that means I have to sort out the tech tree

2. allypower

allypower Warlord

Reserved 1. Just in case.

3. allypower

allypower Warlord

Reserved 2. Just in case.

4. allypower

allypower Warlord

Reserved 3. Just in case.

5. Voyhkah

Voyhkah Political Activist

Nice to see a new mod coming along.

6. stfoskey12

stfoskey12 Emperor of Foskania

Shouldn't the xenogear also have the Combat I-IV promotions as well as medic I-II promotions?

7. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Nice work, definatly has potential:goodjob:

Is this going to be just futuristic or fantasy? Like are the earth civs fighting each other with the units, or are there certain civs with the units attacking all the earth civs

8. allypower

allypower Warlord

@stfoskey12

Xenogears and all other robots have 2 potential promotion only. The promotion symbols you see are not medic III and Combat V. Those are

Nanotech: Can heal while moving, heals extra 100% damage / turn in enemy, neutral and friendly lands

Robotic Engine: attack multiple times per turn, can use enemy roads, -1 terrain movement cost, heals 10% damage / turn in enemy, neutral lands, +25% hill attack, +10% coast attack, +50% jungle attack and +50% forest attack

The last 4 on the robotic engine was to negate defense bonus of opposing defending units on these terrain types.

@dacubz145

The release version will take out Ignas, Mithril and Amalgam. No robots. It's just modern. I'm working on relationship between civilizations atm.

9. stfoskey12

stfoskey12 Emperor of Foskania

Xenogears seems too strong.

10. allypower

allypower Warlord

Yeah, but it's a slayer of God, so yes it is supposed to be a little overpower.

It's also a unique unit and cannot be reproduced just like any other omnigears. However it can be killed, there are other producible robots that have similar stats that can take it down as a stack.