Civilization IV- Classroom Unit

Kilbane Khan

Chieftain
Hello all,

I put together a meager website for my classroom last spring to help my students with a Civilization unit I put together. (fyi…Some links I have disconnected) The information I added to the site fits within the guidelines of what I am supposed to teach. Not everything from the game is on this site. The toughest part was going through the code to gather the Civilopedia content. I also had to edit some content and add information from other sources. The unit is being modified as I write and is going to be used this school year. Civilization IV has been a great tool for learning within my ancient civilization classroom. If anyone has comments, suggestions, and/or information to add, please let me know.

http://www.unit5.org/anthemproject/index.html

Thanks,
Kilbane Khan

Your site looks good. I congratulate you on your great success :)
Hey you might be intrested to know that a simlar project for the entire nation of Canada was set up for the classroom

Histroy Canada Game

The Gov actually paid for the designer of civ3 to make the game but was rewarded with 100 000 copies from the Parent company to distribute across the land in 2007. Not bad sell for a 7 year old game

Anyway you takin this on on your own shows your tremendous commitment to your students learning. I commend that. Now lets just hope they don't skip there homework to play Civ rev ;)

Thank you for the response and the info on what Canada has done. You don't mind putting in the time to prepare when you know the students will enjoy it and learn at the same time. (Also...it is fun for me too)

Kilbane

Civ has potenial capacity to be used as a learning tool in the luctative education market.
Other educaters have gone it alone and they had great resuts with civ4 in the classroom.

Its pivotal more stimulating outlets for this gen's learinng needs are put in place as todays distractions far outweight the attention span of a typical adolesent attending public school.

well i'm 36 now but when i was at school, teachers had the philosophy that if you were having fun in any way shape or form, you were not learning anything. So yea, teachers would hurridly stamp out any flames of fun at school if they ever inanvertantly cropped up. The result was that i was totally dissinterested in school or what they had to teach and just stared out the window waiting for the home time bell to ring - pure genious way of teaching i must say (massive sarcasm alert).

If you need any help, you can PM me and I might be able to provide some support. This isn't limited to Civilization at all, I could help you a bit with HTML coding.

It looks pretty cohesive and comprehensive at this point. I do notice that you forgot Paganism, though.

Top Bottom