Civilization IV+ESRGAN?

Do you want Civ 4 Remastered with ESRGAN?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Never!

• Total voters
HD-textures? Don’t know what the specific technique is in this case, but I suppose its based on utilizing hardware better rather than actually altering the texture files? Sure, give it a shot would be interesting to see the results :goodjob:

I’m supposing now that you will do it yourself, I certainly don’t have the time, besides if it involves reposting the whole game on a filesharing service then technically that would be piracy.

Upscaling the texture files is one thing, but I bet you would actually have to change the engine to be able to load the larger files. Not to mention that we are still limited to the same 2GB of memory so we may not even be able to load all of that.

This algorithm is really cool though.

Upscaling the texture files is one thing, but I bet you would actually have to change the engine to be able to load the larger files. Not to mention that we are still limited to the same 2GB of memory so we may not even be able to load all of that.

This algorithm is really cool though.

We are limited to 2gb of memory?? Now you are scaring me, my mod will when it is finished have more than 4000+ units :shifty:

Unfortunately yes. The game runs as a 32 bit application, which limits the available RAM to 2GB even on 64 bit machines with much more memory. Since this is an issue with the game's EXE, modders cannot do anything to address that. The best we can do is make use of external tools that get us close to 4GB of available memory.

This is the reason why large mods often have performance issues and MAFs even though they could run fine on modern hardware.

Top Bottom