Civilization IV Gold Edition Coming Soon

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
2K Games today announced that Civilization IV: Gold Edition will be released on July 17, 2007 for the PC, one week before the release of Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword expansion. The package will contain Civilization IV, Civilization IV: Warlords, and following items:
  • Exclusive fantasy-style poster from world-famous artist Greg Hildebrandt (illustrator of the original "Star Wars" fantasy-themed "Clash of the Titans" movie poster, "Lord of the Rings" calendars and posters and other seminal artwork)
  • Behind-the-scenes DVD with developer interviews, insight into the Civilization IV development process and a short feature on Sid Meier's video game history
  • Tech-tree poster featuring the paths to researching and discovering all of the technologies needed to advance in Civilization IV
  • Civilization IV Game Manual
The price of this package is not mentioned in the press release but Amazon.com lists the price as $49.99.

lol @ them for trying to pry as much cash from warlords as possible before they give it away free 5 days later :)

Seriously I could get civ4 and BtS for about the same cost as this gold edition, but I wouldn't get a poster for my wall though...

I wonder if the poster is up to date for Bts or not... both wouldn't really make sense.
Glad, that I've bought Civ4 at release, skipped Warlords and preordered BtS. :)

I wonder if the poster is up to date for Bts or not... both wouldn't really make sense.
Glad, that I've bought Civ4 at release, skipped Warlords and preordered BtS. :)

You think the poster, at the very least, would reflect the tech tree as of Warlords 2.08.

why not release the gold edition one week later, so it could have BTS and an updated tech tree poster???

And in a year or so we will see CIV IV Platinum Edition, including BTS?

Why would someone with Warlords and Civ IV already buy it for fifty bucks? Just for a stupid little poster?

It's a nice addition I think, to include the original and expansion in one package. Of course, it's still pricey and the fact remains I own both of the previous installments. I agree with you all on the fact that the release of this just before the second expansion is an attempt to make more money. They should have just wait and included both expansions in this 'gold' edition, and I actually may have bought it just so I could have the entire series in one conveniant little box :crazyeye:

Lmao... gotta love Sid Meier. Not that he's necessarily bad but he can be just as cynical as any other economic system, even communism. :p

Fixed it for you... :goodjob:

Did you really expect that? That will be the game of the year edition.:lol:

I guessed wrongly that this wouldnt happen for a while, but I didnt figure they were going to go insane and give Warlords away in BTS.

They have to do something like this Gold edition to not alienate all the sellers that still are pushing Warlords (like Direct2Drive).

Well, it does not include BtS.

I think it's aimed more at people who don't have either CivIV release yet and want them for BtS. I also think it would have made more sense to put all three together, but buying in two convenient packages is generally better than buying in three.

Top Bottom