[BTS] Civilization IV on Steam Deck

Zombie Horde

ZEDorDEAD
I have been eyeballing the new Steam Deck for a while but when checking the compatible games list it's far too thin on the ground and seems to lack most civ games bar civ6 and for me to jump into it i need civ 4 compatibility.

I want to know if anyone has civ 3, 4, or 5 working reliably on it yet and most importantly have they managed to get any good civ 4 mods working?

104955650_317165869676187_1144103563450540802_n.jpg

Pic for attention

lymond

Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!)
Hall of Fame Staff
Interesting quote from the compatibility page:
Valve's testing indicates these titles from your Steam Library are functional on Steam Deck, but might require extra effort to interact with or configure.
This quote is above the "playable" games, not the "verified" game, which based on my library is not all that impressive of a list. The "playable" games do include vanilla IV but oddly BTS is incompatible at this time.

Plains-Cow

Best Resource; Always Wins
I came to look for answers for this exact question lol. Would be interested in purchasing a Steam Deck, but a lot of the Steam games I have don't seem like they'd be very compatible or are otherwise outright not supported on it. CIV IV, despite being awesome, probably doesn't have a huge amount of pressure behind it for SD optimization...

Will keep an eye out though for more information from both CIVfanatics and Steam.

Top Bottom