Civilization Leader Pass: New DLC most likely coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This I was not expecting after 6 years!

All very popular requests for extra leaders, it will be interesting to see what their unique mechanics are. There’s still room for innovation!

A Renaissance European woman, possibly Lizzy (did England really need another leader?)

England definitely doesn't need another leader, but given that Lizzy is the only member of the 5 timers club who hadn't returned to 6, I'm hype for her to make an appearance.

It has, probably because it was a leaked thing. It happens once in a while...

The damage is done, and by damage, hype... so much hype..

Yes a totally accidental 'leak', 'damage'. Their marketing team knows what they're doing imho :)

Well, ass someone who was camp "small release to get marketing hype for Civ 7 announcement", I'm definitely wrong. Civ 7 is a while more away.

England definitely doesn't need another leader, but given that Lizzy is the only member of the 5 timers club who hadn't returned to 6, I'm hype for her to make an appearance.
Same. I'm more indifferent to Lincoln considering we already have two versions of Teddy, despite how popular he is as a president.

Sales. Same reason I'm not discounting another French leader, particularly someone like Napoleon.
Unfortunately I believe you are correct. Still remains incredibly disappointing, especially when over half of the original roster of civs don’t even have an alt persona themselves.

I hope they reveal lots more because it is sad if they take a crucial spot for a civ that already has an alt leader.

I'm willing to believe they came up with a really compelling design for Liz to justify her inclusion.
It looks like an opportunity to rebalance the early civs with new leaders.

England has been the civ to be changed the most. The Sea Dog really is more appropriate to Elizabeth than Victoria, so that might be it. IDK 🤷‍♂️

Kongo used to be my fav civ (before Vietnam) so b'cos of Anna Nzinga I might be tempted to buy the DLCs,
but mostly i'm like "meh" cos I'm kinda done with Civ VI 😐

I think I much rather spend my x'mas dosh on Midnight Suns.

I really, really hope there is a patch with these DLCs and not just a shameless cash grab.

I hope this doesn’t delay CIV VII massively. I would still much rather them focus on a new game albeit this is exciting and somewhat needed. What’s more important though is that this is an opportunity for a bugfix and balance patch.

Unfortunately I believe you are correct. Still remains incredibly disappointing, especially when over half of the original roster of civs don’t even have an alt persona themselves.

I hope they reveal lots more because it is sad if they take a crucial spot for a civ that already has an alt leader.
I mean I guess if they find it compelling to give France a way to make it domination oriented, I guess it's fine, but otherwise I agree that France is the last civ in need of a new leader, no matter how much I've been waiting for Louis XIV.
England has been the civ to be changed the most. The Sea Dog really is more appropriate to Elizabeth than Victoria, so that might be it. IDK 🤷‍♂️
Would they make the Sea Dog her UU and give us Longbowmen as the civ UU? :mischief:

Would they make the Sea Dog her UU and give us Longbowmen as the civ UU?

Being able to shoot from three tiles away in the medieval era would instantly turn England into a personal favourite.

They should also rework the Sea Dog and make barbarian and city state ships capturable.

I mean I guess if they find it compelling to give France a way to make it domination oriented, I guess it's fine, but otherwise I agree that France is the last civ in need of a new leader, no matter how much I've been waiting for Louis XIV.

Would they make the Sea Dog her UU and give us Longbowmen as the civ UU? :mischief:
I'm hoping that's what they do

@canadamufc
I suspect this Leader Pass wouldn't exist if Civ VII were coming soon.

Here's a few random leader ideas I have, with no regard for how likely they are or precedent with which civs get alternatives, or the fact that half (at least!) of these are jokes...

USA: Eisenhower. Ability: Once railroads are introduced, trade routes automatically make railroads behind them *while in your own lands*. (assuming you have the iron/coal). Cities connected to the capital by railroad gain +25% gold and +10% production. (Let's pretend the railraods are the highway system Eisenhower introduced).

Australia: Harold Holt. Builders gain +2 charges the first time they embark, but have a 25% chance to drown each turn they're embarked. (too soon?)

Egypt: Akhenaten. When you "earn" a dark age, you can choose a new religious belief to add on to your religion (old things are not replaced). -2 loyalty in each of your own cities for every religious tenant in that city's majority religion. Both of these remain for the rest of the game. Keep sabotaging yourself and get a mega-religion for later, if you can handle your people...

Greece: Diogenes. Unique neighborhood replacement: Barrel. Arrives at construction. Only gives 2 housing and -1 appeal, but gives 2 amenities, and an adjacency bonus from adjacent districts (culture from acropolis, science from campus, etc). Immune from recruit partisans, becuase spies don't want to go near it.

Maya: Targitzan. When founding each city, one source of stone randomly appears within working radius, and one more appears for each government plaza building (just in that city). 25% chance that it's marble or jade instead. Gains the unique tile improvement, dart shooting statue. Can only be built on jade or any quarryable resource (side note, Jade really should be quarried, not mined in the based game...). +1 faith and +1 production. Nearest enemy unit, within 3 tiles, loses 50 HP each turn unless the improvement is pillaged (pillaging it gives extra yields).

Phoeniecia: Hannibal. Gains the unique unit, elephant cavalry. Replaces heavy chariot. Doesn't require horses, but requires you have at least one source of ivory (which he has a start bias for, don't worry!). -1 move, no rough terrain penalty, attacks cities/walls for full damage. All units within effect range (regardless of era) can walk over mountains, but lose 50 HP if you end your turn in one (like in civ 5... so you can't snipe from mountains with ranged units that can't get attacked!). Yeah I basically stole this from civ 5.

Rome: Commodus. +50% production to entertainment complexes/water parks and their buildings. Gains unique civillian unit, himself. Only one can exist at a time. When stationed on an entertainment complex/water park, its amenities and the tourism and yields of its buildings, and any adjacent wonders, are doubled (if it's yours) and all your units within 2 tiles gain +25% strength (no matter who's the district is). When killed, teleports back to the capital, like a great general. Roman forts within your territory give +1 culture and faith. (For flavor, Trajan's Roman Forts now give +1 production and gold when in your territory).

Rome again: Nero. +5 great music slots in the capital, and for each one filled, units born in the capital gain +5% combat strength. Gain great musician points when you raze a city.

Very excited to see the potential return of some more Civ staples! Eager to see what they do with Elizabeth with Civilization VI's exaggerated art style! Personally have my fingers crossed for Napoleon and Otto von Bismarck - bring back the classics I say!

Very excited to see the potential return of some more Civ staples! Eager to see what they do with Elizabeth with Civilization VI's exaggerated art style! Personally have my fingers crossed for Napoleon and Otto von Bismarck - bring back the classics I say!

Wilhelm I with Bismarck as unique governor?

Edit: actually, scratch that. There's an obvious design for Bismarck which puts military focus and diplomatic victory in consonance. It would be a unique design, since these don't usually go hand in hand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom