Civilization Leader Pass: New DLC most likely coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jkchart

Emperor
Not to alarm anyone but I saw this on reddit and checked on mobile for the official website...

EDIT: Of note this isn't showing up on my firefox, but still shows up on safari for my phone
Moderator Action: EDIT: We can expect an official announcement on November 15, see .

IMG_6532.jpg

Moderator Action: Interesting video from boesthius:

Moderator Action: EDIT: For anyone interested in the discussion prior to these news, please see this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to alarm anyone but I saw this on reddit and checked on mobile for the official website...

EDIT: Of note this isn't showing up on my firefox, but still shows up on safari for my phone
Leader Pass

I see Ramesses and Abraham. And I pressume GN is initials for a leader (so Georgia of Tamar).

Trying not to get overexcited until we know for sure, but I like it?

A low effort pass (As in, mostly art assets and little gameplay changes) would actually be very cost efficient.

A Pharoah (yes!)
Abe Lincoln (cool)
A Renaissance European woman, possibly Lizzy (did England really need another leader?)
A non-European woman (nice!)

Leader Pass

I see Ramesses and Abraham. And I pressume GN is initials for a leader (so Georgia of Tamar).

Trying not to get overexcited until we know for sure, but I like it?

A low effort pass (As in, mostly art assets and little gameplay changes) would actually be very cost efficient.
I'm trying not to either put they put it on the official site apparently so...it's hard not to have hype!

A Pharoah (yes!)
Abe Lincoln (cool)
A Renaissance European woman, possibly Lizzy (did England really need another leader?)
You know the answer on England, we have three Frances so we need three Englands :p

(Mods someone can combine my replies I forgot how to quote in my absence)

I'm trying not to either put they put it on the official site apparently so...it's hard not to have hype!
At first I thought it might've been fake but then I checked - you're right, this only shows up on the Mobile version of their website, and the main website looks "broken" (there is a lot of mysterious dead space).

YAY! CONTENT! EXCITMENT!

At first I thought it might've been fake but then I checked - you're right, this only shows up on the Mobile version of their website, and the main website looks "broken" (there is a lot of mysterious dead space).

YAY! CONTENT! EXCITMENT!
My contribution to the community has been fulfilled, I HAVE MADE MY RETURN FOR FUTURE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Sometimes Twitter is good? Also thanks to the Redditor that spotted it so I had to double check

Leader pass as opposed to leader pack though... An indication that more are coming? Or that these 4 will be drip fed?
No, this is all we have at the moment, and I pinged the CivGame (silence, as expected, but to alert other Fanatics JIC)

A Pharoah (yes!)
Abe Lincoln (cool)
England probably needs one no more than America, but here we are. :p

These are the leaders it looks like:
Lincoln
Elizabeth I
Ramses II
Could the last one be Anna Nzinga for Kongo? Not sure.

Edit: I think so.

Attachments

• Queen-Nzinga_0.jpg
    Queen-Nzinga_0.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 184
Leader pass as opposed to leader pack though... An indication that more are coming? Or that these 4 will be drip fed?

I'm guessing it will be in 2 (or more) installments. So You buy the pass you get all of them, or buy them each individually.

The mobile site being updated means they must be close to announcing. Other than Abe, I think the middle woman will be Queen Nzinga. Found a site here: https://republic.com.ng/april-may-2022/guide-to-african-female-rulers/ that if you scroll down to her picture there, the headdress matches almost perfectly with the 2 curls at the top and the crown portion.

Could the other woman be Mary Queen of Scots? Feels like the hairstyle matches some pictures of her more than Elizabeth I does, but I can't be sure. The other guy I can't quite place either. But I guess we'll probably find out very soon...

Was anyone keeping track of how long it took us to guess the leaders? Might've broken a record xD
To be fair the Egyptian looking leader could be any male Pharoah. Rameses II to me seems the most plausible, but it could be a completely new one like Akhenaten or Imhotep.

To be fair the Egyptian looking leader could be any male Pharoah. Rameses II to me seems the most plausible, but it could be a completely new one like Akhenaten or Imhotep.
A fair point, but regardless, we know it's an Egyptian Pharoah at least. Which is great because I know people were very critical of Cleopatra leading Egyptians.

I'll wait and see before getting excited or commenting...

if it's REALLY only leaders, I'm like : Super yawn ! I want civs, not leaders...

BUT... will wait and see what ELSE will be included... Major bug fixes and balance work would go a long way to get me primed for it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom